Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gents,

Please bear with me for a moment. I'm neither the owner nor rider of the GSXR1000 in question but I imported the machine for a friend and am helping him with all his parts needs. He is an accomplished rider with a severe addiction for as much acceleration as he can get. We live in Tahiti, smack bang in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, so there's no rolling road to test on, no really good mechanics to talk to or to take the engine to pieces, there's not even any decent roads in the country, and not one single after-market bike parts shop to be seen.

So far the bike has been fitted with a Brocks full Alien Head exhaust system, PC3-USB Power Commander with Brocks street map, Ultra Clutch Mod, 16T Front Sprocket, Front End Lowering Kit, BMC air filter, Factory Pro velocity stacks, Galfer HH pads on the front and the softer type on the rear end. On order are Spiegler brake and clutch pipes.

Without opening the engine up for major surgery, what can we do to her to go quicker? My mate's got quite a bit of cash and is prepared to spend money on his beloved bike, but as I said earlier we don't have the mechanics or material needed to really go tops. To turbo or not to turbo? More electronics or not? Quick shifter? etc. etc.

"Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information about it." - Samuel Johnson -

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated :bowdown:

·
Registered
376 Posts
performance comes down to cubic dollars well spent, if you don't have the resources than you have to be creative. send the bike to a race shop and tell em what you want is the easiest and best but not the cheapest.

·
Registered
178 Posts
cheapest bang for buck is NO2, period.
there is no cheaper way to get 30-50hp that almost anyone with medium mechanical knowledge can install.
my only concern is getting the system filled / refilled there ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts