Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi new to the site and looking forward to getting to know every1 and getting some gixxer chat but i have a problem.

i have a 2000 600 srad. when i turn the key everything powers on. then when i try to start it, it makes a buzzing noise and i hear the click from the starter relay (i think thats what the clicking noise is). also the fuel pump is going ok. any ideas???? i need to get this fixed asap as its me only form of transport!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

hi again!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
went out this morning and bump started it. was running ok. got about 10 miles and the lights started flashing and was chugging away. then .... whole bike dead! luckily it was next to a car garage and one of the mechanics was a biker. got the power pack out and charged it up. trying to tick over but just not firing. he reckons the starter is gone.
but why would the battery go dead? might it just be the starter relay? some1 tell me this isnt going to cost me a bloody bomb!!

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
stator or rectifier is what sounds like your problem
get a volt meter crank it up see how it is and watch the voltage go down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.