Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay heres the deal. Ive seen some of these race pocket bikes go for close to 2 grand. And Ive seen the cheap sweat shop made ones go for around $150-$200. Whats the deal with these ones on ebay going for $500-600?

I dont want to get a crappy one yet i dont want to spend much more than $500. Should I even bother with them?

PS: I want something decently quick somthing similar to a little honda 50 or what not....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Call my buddies down at Powersports of houston. 713 896 7676 ask for shawn or eric. I dont know for sure if there is shipping available or what not but I know they are pretty knowlegeable of what kinds are good. If you have the cash and you are willing to part with it I would pick up a Blata. I know they run an arm and a leg but well worth it. I know you can fix those up to go about 60 or so mph.

·
Registered
159 Posts
You should definatly be able to get a decent pocket bike for 5 bills. Hell if you look hard enough or scrounge around on ebay long enough you could even find a decent blata there.

I know my buddies at powersports have some 4 stroke pocket bikes. They came in yesterday.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Blata's aren't going to be much better than the ones you can get for $300-400 in my opinion, But they are decent. you can get those blata on ebay for about 500 though.

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
they are shitty....cheapo plastic.....the thing looks like..what it is......a toy. Those 2k pocket bikes are real nice and very well made. Those are "race" pocket bikes.

IMO, if your gonna spend that much, but a brand new honda crf 50...or spend like 350 around there and get one of the older ones xr/cr 50. Way better in my opinion...4 stroke as opposed to 2 stroke...and a semi auto tranny, no clutch but u can still shift it. Tighten the suspension, put some street bike tires on it and make it a motard! Way more fun in my opinion and it can take more of beating.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Me and three other guys all baught the cheap, around $240 after shipping, pocket bikes off ebay. One fried the clutch and never ran right, or at all, after about 2 weeks. Mine ran great sometimes and crappy other times and my brakes basically don't work, plus my sprockets don't line up well and if I dont spend like 20 min trying to get it just perfect it will throw the chain and bend it. I got mine through the same people as the first guy. Another guy got one through a different person and his works fine, his brakes are a pain to keep adjusted though and the silencer fell off his exhaust. The 4th guy got his from a different company, he also spent a little more then the rest of us since he did a buy it now. His seemed to be a little higher quality, his motor felt stronger and his brakes were awsome, could do stopies! His silencer fell off and he lost a little power, then the expansion chamber fell off and it lost alot of power. Mine would leak gas out of the over flow if i ran wide open for a while and then it would bog alot. #4 started leaking gas out of the over flow and never stopped. They are fun, just very high maintnence.

·
Registered
320 Posts
You need to go with a brand name if you want quality. The cheap ones are just that cheap.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I got a cheap one and its tons of fun. Needed to do alot of stuff to it before riding it like changing the forks around because they were on backwards. But overall they are tons of fun. The best part was it was only $300.00 shipped to my house!!! Does great burnouts, nice and smokey.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
sounds like you win some and you lose some

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
for a decent condition honda XR50 im looking at $800-1000. For the size and the amount of use on the pocketbike or dirtbike i cant justify more than $500.

Atleast with the raptor i can make more use of it (justifying price range)

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
I think your logic is the best one when it comes to buying things which are a WANT and no{ a NEED.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Lyte- said:
I think your logic is the best one when it comes to buying things which are a WANT and no{ a NEED.
I agree! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
That's the same way I justify spending money.. Trying to teach fishy that trick...

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
fish don't learn that easy, you might have to beat him a few times to get it through is brain. :laughingr :infrandom

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.