Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit random I know, however, I have an Arai condor helmet. On the very top there's a vent which is good for airflow etc it doesn't half act like an almighty scoop for every flying critter there is.:shifty I currently have a fly soup in the very very back of it, I think there may also be a small bird in there somewhere!! :headscrat LOL!! So my question is, does anybody else have this problem with this lid or a similar set up? If so, how do you clean it or is there any way of removing it to get in to clean it? Cheers guys!:thumbup:

·
rotaredom
9,582 Posts
nice thread title :lol:

i take out the inside liners and blow the stuff out with an air chuck, if its cooked on I use a spray bottle with only water in it to loosen up the bug goobers, then hit it with an air chuck again...works for me.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers John, thought I'd have to give it an attention grabbing title or people would chin it off!
Anyway here's a pic of the offending item!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guy's this is a serious thread!!! LOL!!! Gixxerfool, you know you said you "popped" them off, how hard was it to do and how easy is it to "pop"them back on???

·
MPG mod
7,420 Posts
Not hard at all, its double sided taped on. Some slight heat will help, but be careful, low heat from no less than twelve inches(that one will get me in trouble). If your good enough you may be able to reuse the tape. I had trouble finding it. I ended up finding the thinnest stuff from 3m and cutting it width wise to fit.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Cheers John, thought I'd have to give it an attention grabbing title or people would chin it off!
Anyway here's a pic of the offending item!!
hmm I thought the title was the offending item, LOL. I never polish my helmet. Do you polish your rocket, too? Nevermind, we don't want to know...LOL.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gixxer32404, you should never neglect your helmet. Every man and woman appreciates a clean, hygenic, good looking helmet. And it's so easy to do maintain, I mean, here I am polishing my helmet as we speak, surfing the internet, granted the other articles on the net do really really aid the helmet polishing process!!!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Gixxer32404, you should never neglect your helmet. Every man and woman appreciates a clean, hygenic, good looking helmet. And it's so easy to do maintain, I mean, here I am polishing my helmet as we speak, surfing the internet, granted the other articles on the net do really really aid the helmet polishing process!!!
LOL google it polishing helmet and rocket is the same.

·
Registered
482 Posts
you guys are killing me, I had to get in on it.... 5 times, maybe 3 if I'm lucky, shit I wish 5!! Anyways I heard the same, that ur supposed to use slightly soapy water not polish but hey who know's !

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.