Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
nice man! im looking to put some Q3s and vortex rearsets on mine eventually. how do you like the Q3s, and were you just on the stock wheels before that? also, where did you get your plastics?

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
nice man! im looking to put some Q3s and vortex rearsets on mine eventually. how do you like the Q3s, and were you just on the stock wheels before that? also, where did you get your plastics?
I got a screw in the front OEM Bridgestone and wanted to replace as a set so picked up the Q3's. Have seen some mention these coming apart a bit (can't remember if it was 3N or Bry?) but no issues for me (knock on wood). I've only had them on the street so far but no complaints at all. If they're still in good shape in the spring, I'll probably do a trackday on them.

I lucked out on the Armour Bodies and got a good deal from a racer in Florida who sold his 750 for an R6 for next year. He had these mounted after replacing his old bodywork but didn't actually run these. So they ought to mount right up since they are already drilled, etc. and they were just in grey primer so ready to go.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Got a call from Dano's Performance this morning verifying what I want done to my ECU for the reflash. He's telling me take it easy first time out because it should really wake the bike up. Supposedly get another 5 or so HP on top and better throttle response. Unfortunately couldn't get it dyno'd beforehand so I can see what the actual difference is, but interested to see if I can tell a seat-of-pants difference.

• Optimize fuel curves across all gears (similar to a Power Commander)
  • Optimize ignition curves across all gears (same as our GP-TRE)
  • Enable hard cut RPM limiter
  • Raise RPM limiter
  • Disable steering damper not doing
  • Disable Pair valve
  • Disable O2 sensor
  • Disable exhaust valve
  • Remove secondary throttle plate limits (this adds more top end horsepower)

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
On order from Mike at Wicked Racing:

Brembo 19RCS Master Cylinder
Brembo Reservoir
SkutrNet Mirror Block Offs (for track)
Vortex V3 Gas Cap
EBC EPFA Pads (front)
Yoshimura Fork Extenders
Knox Handroids
Knox V14 Track Vest

:bounce

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Competitively priced? Nice part about some of these smaller brands is you get all the performance at a discounted price because they don't carry the name. Major disadvantage is you don't have the trackside service of a major brand like Penske or ohlins.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yeah price is pretty comparable to Penske. Triple adjustable with high/low compression, rebound, and preload is around $1100-1200 retail, but I found mine on eBay. Was from a GSXR1000 with only 4 races on it. They had it listed for almost $800, I offered $700 and they took it. I know someone who is getting the Street Fighter version. Great thing about these is that they are built to fit a variety of bikes.

JRi Shocks is pleased to introduce the newest member of our sport bike line up. The STREET FIGHTER SHOCK is our solution to small but critical variances in design between different manufacturers. By changing only the clevice, the STREET FIGHTER SHOCK will work with virtually ALL late model sport bikes. One shock. Over 30 different machines.

Key Features Include:
■Ride height adjustment
■Rebound and compression adjustment
■Spring preload adjustment
■Sprung for your weight and bike
■Fits all late model sport bikes

·
Premium Member
9,194 Posts
21 - 40 of 285 Posts