Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 285 Posts

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
They may be last gen (Q2) but couldn't pass up $150 for a set! Let the stockpiling begin!

Attachments

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,050 Posts
Someone had one gor sale on here recently Blue. Couldn't tell you who but might be worth looking.

Tiger you must have a money tree in the back yard or something.
I dont think I've seen you go more than a week without buying bike parts lol.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Tiger you must have a money tree in the back yard or something.
I dont think I've seen you go more than a week without buying bike parts lol.
Nah, I just got a lot less hesitation in me after the year I had in 2014. :biggrin:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nice choice in upgrades.
Are you using the Q2's and Q3's for the spare rims on the track only?
They are both great tires but if you are going through the effort to have spare rims then get some DOT race tires or even slicks. You will feel like a GOD on the track especially if you are quick enough to ride faster than the Q's will allow.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Nice choice in upgrades.
Are you using the Q2's and Q3's for the spare rims on the track only?
They are both great tires but if you are going through the effort to have spare rims then get some DOT race tires or even slicks. You will feel like a GOD on the track especially if you are quick enough to ride faster than the Q's will allow.
That's kind of the question until I get back out there. I raced an SV650 all of the 2004 season until I broke my back and would have been an expert in 2005, but haven't been on track since. Tire technology has come a long way since then and I have no idea where I'm going to be quickness-wise yet. The plan is to start out on the Q2/Q3s and see if I think I'm going hard enough to warrant some DOTs.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
That's kind of the question until I get back out there. I raced an SV650 all of the 2004 season until I broke my back and would have been an expert in 2005, but haven't been on track since. Tire technology has come a long way since then and I have no idea where I'm going to be quickness-wise yet. The plan is to start out on the Q2/Q3s and see if I think I'm going hard enough to warrant some DOTs.
I hear it's like riding a bike...:Laughing::bounce

·
Registered
57 Posts
Good job on getting back out there after what sounds like a serious injury.
I wrecked back in 2009 and took 1-2 years off from the track. Mainly due to financial reasons. Wrecking a bike on the track and being honest about it does a lot of damage to your bank account.
I started back up on Q2's and was pushing their limits within a few 20 minute sessions. They are predictable though when you start pushing hard.
Good luck out there.

41 - 60 of 285 Posts