Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
8,551 Posts
His own bike isn't even blueNwhite.
Whoa Whoa Whoa. The blasphemy here.

attachment0VO9W33S.jpg

Don't hate because I have 3 bikes right now. And in the other 2's defense they were blueNwhite originally and they had bad owners.

:D

·
Registered
1,961 Posts

·
Registered
8,551 Posts
That hadn't trickled over to your thread. That is a thread by thread basis there. Are you declaring your thread as a hate thread?

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Did you go aluminum or steel in the rear? I'm trying to decide for my purchase in a couple weeks. Considering it's a track bike I think I'm going to stick with steel. I don't see me benefiting from the reduced mass just yet.
Steel.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
You are really going all out for this two in one project. I'm excited to see the final product.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Man I survived cancer last year and my best friend just died last Saturday from a ####ing brain tumor. LIVE NOW.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Got tires mounted on the track spares, front painted black to match the rear, rim tape applied. Since the track spare also has an OEM 525 sprocket, I think I'm going to hold off on the 520 conversion for now.

Went ahead and installed the SpeedoDRD to correct for factory speedometer error so it'll be ready to go after gearing change as well. And installed the pressure sensing banjo for the rear brake line so the pedal will activate the brake light, keeping it street legal though I never touch the rear brake.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
You have a good opportunity to try out a different gear ratio when you run a different wheel for the track. Maybe up a tooth or two. I would jump on that.

Get your forks back yet? What kind of work did you end up having done?

81 - 100 of 285 Posts