Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

141 - 160 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok Tiger, here's where I'm at now but I have yet to test it. The rear shock is 325mm eye to eye and I have a 2.8mm shim for a total of 328mm length. The front has the racetech setup with the new top out/bottom out set up, and I cut the pastic spring guide (preload collar) down as per the instrctions. (8cm?) now my length from top of the bottom clamp to the center of the axle is 49.5cm fully extended. Practice is tomorrow so I'll see how it feels.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Thanks for posting numbers! I'm going to try finding a baseline and go from there.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #144 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
I also installed the StompGrip (TechSpec on street tank but StompGrip on track tank because I wanted the graphics to show through. Yes, I'm a poser.) and a bit more of the abstract graphic on the upper, so need to get a current pic of the track stuff.

·
Registered
8,551 Posts
I also installed the StompGrip (TechSpec on street tank but StompGrip on track tank because I wanted the graphics to show through. Yes, I'm a poser.) and a bit more of the abstract graphic on the upper, so need to get a current pic of the track stuff.
Stomp works better for track duty because it grips the leather better. TechSpec doesn't grip leathers as well.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
So what's your final opinion on the Dano's Tuning ECU flash? Im about 99.99% sure thats who will be doing mine.
I'm not sure it's a completely informed opinion, since I've done a lot of other things to the bike and not ridden with just the ECU flash in isolation. The gearing on the bike right now with the street rims is -1/+0 so that probably plays in too, but the bike runs great and pulls hard. AFAIK, the flash is doing its job.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
ill try to grab a set of extenders since your numbers are in the right direction for me.

whens the first trackday?
Almost signed up for one for last weekend but good thing I didn't as it was raining. Which, I've raced in the rain at Road America but not too keen on it for my first time back. Looking like it'll probably be end of May.

I'm signed up for 3 days at Grattan for sort of private days a bunch of us have been having for many, many years and for 2 days at National Corvette Museum in early August.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Picked up some of the new Michelin Evo DOT's this weekend from a friend. 3 rears and 1 front. Already scuffed in for instant credibility. :Laughing:

Attachments

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Lowered the forks in the triples, added some ride height to the shock body and shimmed above the clevis.

141 - 160 of 285 Posts