Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a 2000 GSXR 750 and the bike looks great, runs great, all kinds of aftermarket goodies. The only thing is that the guy says that it pops in and out of 1st gear at low rpms. I haven't seen the bike in person, saw it on ebay and it's not selling, he's asking 3800 for it though and I have the whole winter to work on the thing.
So I'm wondering if it's the actual 1st gear, because I know that a lot of times 2nd gear will go, or if it might be something else.
I don't want to have to put a lot of money into the bike, so how much do you guys think it would cost?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually read that and was hoping that that might be the problem, I'm just not sure if it's doing the same thing. Someone on stuntlife just said it sounds like it's a shifter fork.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Its either going to be the dogs on the gears or the shift forks, the only way you are going to know is to take the transmission apart, which is a big pain in the ass.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had the same problem. It was my dog gears. It only popped out of gear under load, ie: hard accelleration. I would doubt it's the shifter fork if you can actually select first. I got my trans undercut and this fixed the problem and only cost $180 NZ. If you need any advice or help on trans removal/installation drop me an email.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.