Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive come across a 2005 GSX-R 600 with supposedly 2k miles before the accident.. Long story short guy should never have bought a sport bike ended up getting a DUI and rear ending someone going very fast (his words) bike fell kept rolling and the pics show the aftermath... No issues at all engine wise that I could tell.. No leaks etc.. Hes letting it go for legal fees which is 1k.. Should I buy for myself to fix up or should I let it go? Thanks!

FYI Ive owned every brand motorcycle except Suzuki, Yamaha, Triumph and Aprilla lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
I absolutely would not touch this bike.

What I see wrong with it from the pictures:

-The front tire is not stock which indicates more than 2k miles, it is a Michelin pilot power and is installed backwards.
-The bike has been repainted that awful primer red which was definitely not a factory color. You don't paint a brand new bike...usually.
-The bike has a lot of weathering which indicates it sat outside for a very long time. (FL, PA, somewhere near the ocean?)
-The fairing stay is bent and most likely broken.
-I'm confident the forks are either bent or tweaked. I see fork oil has leaked out from the seals also.

Based on all the damage this bike clearly went through a nasty front crash (as stated), and even though most of the front parts can be replaced, the other unseen issue with 04/05 models is the frame where the triple tree goes through it. These were defective from the factory and front end damage/impact/crashes will crack or break the neck.

The only other thing you could do is hook a battery up to it and hear it start or see the mileage but I promise you it will not matter because this bike is trash IMO.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
^^^ What EVL said. This bike's value is as a part out. I seriously doubt the 2k mile figure even if the odo shows it. The miles go with the cluster, not the bike and ECM.

Even scrounging a lot, you will have $1500 in parts plus your time. In the end you might have a $2500 bike. Maybe.

This would be attractive to someone that needs an engine for a clean bike they own if they confirm the condition first. They could probably part out the rest of the bike for about the same as they paid for it. Parting out takes a lot of time and effort.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I just rebuilt my 2005-600 track bike from a front end hit. It's going to cost you about $2k to fix that bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts