Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in desperate need of a power commander map for a 2008 gsxr 600 with a m4 slip on exhaust and a bmc race air filter if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated:arsenal

·
Registered
375 Posts
Powercommander.com
M342-005 M4 full exhaust, Stock air filter
M342-004 M4 slip-on exhaust, Stock air filter

One of those should work even though they are not for aftermarket filter. Or just take it in for a full tune.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I know you say you are desperate but you are going to be disappointed when you see no difference in how it runs. You didnt need a PCIII with a slip on no matter what filter you're running.

But the one provided to you in post #2 will do. Unless you buy exactly what they have on their maps chances are you are never gonna get one right on.

Even if you custom tune and map it you wont notice much difference at all. 99% of slip ons are only for looks and sound.

·
Registered
214 Posts
man I wish I read your note before I chucked my PC3 on my bike and noticed... NO difference haha...
I have a 2006 GSXR 600... and I have the akrapovic shorty slip on and K&N filter along with a PC3... to boot PC doesn't have a map for my bike so I had to chuck the M4 slip on with aftermarket pipe map on... thought it was gonna improve my bike like crazy but no dice, save your money and leave your slip on without a pc haha... unlses you get a full system then it'll help apparently but it's pricey.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I know you say you are desperate but you are going to be disappointed when you see no difference in how it runs. You didnt need a PCIII with a slip on no matter what filter you're running.

But the one provided to you in post #2 will do. Unless you buy exactly what they have on their maps chances are you are never gonna get one right on.

Even if you custom tune and map it you wont notice much difference at all. 99% of slip ons are only for looks and sound.
i have to say thats not 100% true. i notice a big change in the way that my bike performs, from just a slip-on. because before i could be at 10000 rpms (k7 600) and go to wot , and my bike would accelerate hard. and now with a pc3 with a downloaded map, akra slip-on i can be around the same rpm as before crack on it and the front wheel will come up. that tells me i've gotten more power from that setup. and when i get a custom tune i will get even more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.