Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 99 750 blew a fuel inj. fuse on saturday while i was doing 80 on the god damn parkway in the left lane no less, getting over to the right side shoulder without getting killed was nothing short of a miracle and i have no explanation for it. after i stopped shaking and smoked 15 ciggs in a row i began my road side inspection. first thing i checked i found the popped fuse so i lifted the tank expecting to see some pinched wires somewheres but i did not. i have recently installed a power commander III with a map off the supplied disc. the commander has been on it for a few weeks now and needless to say this is the first time this has happened. i would suspect the commander but i dont know why this wouldnt've happend much sooner after installation if it was the commander???? i replaced the fuse and the bike fired right up like nothing happened. could this have just been a fluke??? hope fully someone can shed some light because i havent even looked at it since i rode it home saturday after the "incident"

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Wasn't taking the piss there airfuel, I was questioning the fuel injected 1997 bike.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its a 99 and yes its fuel injected since its a 750, the fuse that blew was the fuel inj 10 amp fuse in the box right behind the left headlight

·
Premium Member
14,135 Posts
1999 750.......fuel
injector.....???????????????????
Yupp

its a 99 and yes its fuel injected since its a 750, the fuse that blew was the fuel inj 10 amp fuse in the box right behind the left headlight
Please tell me you replaced with a 10 amp fuse right? Not to insult, but you wouldnt believe how many ppl brought cars into us with fuse blowing problems and they just kept putting bigger ones in untill it didnt blow any more and a much bigger problem comes up, lol.

·
Registered
90 Posts
my 99 750 blew a fuel inj. fuse on saturday while i was doing 80 on the god damn parkway in the left lane no less, getting over to the right side shoulder without getting killed was nothing short of a miracle and i have no explanation for it. after i stopped shaking and smoked 15 ciggs in a row i began my road side inspection. first thing i checked i found the popped fuse so i lifted the tank expecting to see some pinched wires somewheres but i did not. i have recently installed a power commander III with a map off the supplied disc. the commander has been on it for a few weeks now and needless to say this is the first time this has happened. i would suspect the commander but i dont know why this wouldnt've happend much sooner after installation if it was the commander???? i replaced the fuse and the bike fired right up like nothing happened. could this have just been a fluke??? hope fully someone can shed some light because i havent even looked at it since i rode it home saturday after the "incident"
fuses heat up and cool down with time and use and eventually they're gonna blow. It probably was just that fuse's time to die. I see fuses go bad all the time in cars, planes, and bikes. All a fuse is is a thin strip of metal made to conduct a certain amount of electricity, it's a wire protector. So as they heat up and cool down over time the get weaker and eventually fizz out. You are probably all good man. If it keeps blowing then worry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.