Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 GSXR600 20th annv. I just ordered a Power commander 3. I have a hi mount micron exhaust, and a BMC race filter. Can anyone tell me how i should setup the power commander? Should I have it done by a profesional, or can it be done on my own?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Yes. You can install it, and put a "stock" dynojet map in it and it will run fine. But to get your moneys worth out of it you need to get it dyno tuned by a reputable tuner.

If you are half ass mechanically inclined, and either have a laptop or can get your bike close enough to the computer you caninstall it and DL a map from the map database on the disk, but if you dontknow what you are doing it can be a bit overwhelming.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do have a laptop, and I can easily bring it to the bike. I have a 400rwhp RX-7, but I have never done the tuning before. If it comes with the softwhere to make it work. I dont see how it could be hard. Has anyone here done it thereselves?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I have......... but Im a mechanic :D

Downloading a map from the disk is not that hard, but you arent getting all you paid for, a custom map is the only way to go if you want to make all the power you can. If you just want it to run right, and sound good (you should have just bought a slip on) then a downloaded map is fine.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I am just going to say its all about ebay. Keep your eyes peeled for deals on there. I bought mine (PCIII) 316.99 at motorcycle superstore. I know got ripped off, but live and learn. 212 is an awsome price. I'd just on that and if nothing else sell it to a buddy and make a little profit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.