Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’d like some help. A powercomander 5 is for sale local. I have limited experience with them I’ve included a pic of wats for sale. Can anyone tell me is it complete and besides hooking it up to the bike can I test it easily on site somehow to confirm it’s good before I purchase it? The guys story is he sold his bike a (k6 1000) a few months ago , before he sold it he removed it.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
It looks about right from what I can see in the picture.

I believe you can download the install manual for that unit here. It should call out all the wire connections, etc. that you can compare with the unit for sale.

I'm guessing if it powers up, it's good. Interrogating it with a computer is probably better. The software is also on that site.

Power Commander Downloads

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you I apriciate the info. I’m pretty skeptical on buying it considering I hear/read about them going bad I was looking for a flash but I really don’t want to wait 2 weeks plus for shipping . Not too mention it’s a good price 100$

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
I don't know that I have read about many problems with them.

It seems the main issues are installation errors or the map getting corrupted somehow. They are easily re-programmed. The IIIUSB I used for awhile just needed a computer and USB cord.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried to buy it, the guy still has it posted I can see he reads my messages but he won’t respond. I’m still on the hunt for another one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts