Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey community,
I have a question for our more experienced and knowledgeable brothers. I went to the canyons today and all was good for a min. I was on my 08 1000 and went to pass a car and noticed all the sudden I didn't have the power I usually have when I get on it. Strange and it sucks. I'm thinking I recently installed a manual CCT and maybe it was not tight enough and jumped a tooth so it threw the timing of some. I was able to ride home and doesn't seem affected on the low end but the top end is lagging seems to me it even sounds different. Does it sound like I'm thinking in the right direction. I want to check the timing tomorrow. Does anybody have an idea what else it could be I would be appreciative. Thanks in advance guys and girls hope all are having safe rides out there on those crazy roads. Oh one more thing. No codes are coming up.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I would do the fuel flow test as described in the service manual. I guess the reason is the fuel flow limitation. Figurally you shuold disconnect fuel outlet hose from the pump and direct it into any measurment tank 3 litre or more to measure volume. Be carefull to secure fix the hose in this container. Then put 12v to fuel pump for 10 sec. Measure the fuel volume collected for 10 sec and match for reference value in the manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts