Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear it every now and then about how on the K6/K7 600/750 that run the shorty pipes the 2 brothers pipes are not getting as much gains out of them that they should be cus the diameter of the entire construction of the pipe is huge and there is a big drop in back pressure. Ive seen a compairison dyno chart with a 2 brothers shorty vs a akra shorty, I know as far as knowlege goes the guys a akra are very hard to beat and there quality is amazing, but what do you guys hear/think about this?

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what the question is. If you run an aftermarket full system with larger header pipes, you will lose torque at low and mid RPM due to the characteristics of tuned exhaust pipes, and you will gain some hp at the high end. The optimal RPM for scavenging gets moved up.

If it's a slip on, and you use the stock headers, it doesn't matter that much what comes after the collector pipes, for power. Almost all of the backpressure required for scavenging and valve protection occurs before the collectors.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so it wouldnt matter the diameter of the midpipe and can as far as playing a roll in making a large drop in back pressure, only the header would play a part in that. Im guessin thats what your sayin

·
Registered
71 Posts
i put a carbon fiber 2 brothers shorty on my 07 600, and sometimes it feels a bit off..but that could be for any number of reasons. I'm a bad bike owner, i realize that now, and after i get back from Iraq i'm going to take better care of my bike.

But right after i put on the exhaust, i didn't notice any changes for the worse in horse or response. It should be just fine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I run a full carbon 2 bros with a power commander and a bmc filter. I will admit if you are going along at around 4g and try to wot there seems to be a slight lag before the power picks up; but from 6500 to redline its a beast. It sounds great in my book (loud) keeps cars looking to see what the hell that noise is instead of hitting me.. It does backfire like a bitch though. If i take it up to around 78 in 3rd and shut the throttle off once it gets down to 57 or so there is a huge boom. Can feel the percussion in my right foot.

Over all it isn't too poppy or anything just has a nice grumble on the decel with the occasional flame.

k8 750

·
Registered
850 Posts
around here people run the two bros because:

a) its cheap
b) its in stock for impulse buying

i dont use them because everybody and thier momma has one on everything around here.but most people believe its only use is for sound.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.