Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, so apologies if this is covered in other threads.

I have a PCIII USB fitted to a K4 and it currently works fine.

I have now fitted a Multi Function Hub and Map Selection Switch. I know that I now have to load a second map into the PC to use the Map Selection Switch.

I'm seeking help because the documentation is a bit lightweight for a newbie and I've already had problems with updating the firmware, because I did it with the engine running (OOPS - Never do that again).

The PCIII now has the correct firmware version loaded and I now have access to the Set Nums Maps option in the drop down menu. If I go to use the two maps option, I get a request to confirm that I want to reset the unit and a warning that it cannot be undone. I'm not sure why it can't be undone, but the warning is a little off-putting given my previous problem.

Has anyone done this before and provide any advice.

Also, can the maps be changed while the engine is running on the GSXR, or should I use the 9V adapter. I assume that the hub does not need to be connected when loading maps, as it plugs into the same socket as the 9V adapter.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If your are sending a map to the PCIII hooked up to the bike, yes, the bike should be running.

Cant be undone is stating that if you send a MAP the old one will be lost is all that means, if you want it back you will have to reload it, the PCIII won't save it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kolberg_1,

Thanks for taking the time to respond and for the information. I was being extra cautious because of the problem I had updating the firmware and the warning seemed a bit final. I think they could have found more explicit wording.

I also now know that the Hub DOES NEED to be connected to the PowerCommander while using the Set Num Maps command, which prevents the use of the 9V adapter as it plugs into the same socket on the PowerCommander as the Hub.

Thanks again - Much Appreciated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.