Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got everyones opinion.

Most of you are saying your dealership would charge for information, thus making $15 very good deal.

The internet age and forums are free, everywhere. Information is free. When theres like 15 ads on every page they're making revenue, thus making premium memberships kind of overdoing it. I meant this for gixxer I believe, I post at so many forums, it's a motorcycle forum similiar to this but they charge to post classifields and to use alot of the sites features , even know they have ads everywhere. I thought that was unfair. It was a mistake posting here, as this wasn't the site I was talking about. So forget about it.

Also to the mods saying I posted this because I was pissed my laptop was removed, that's not true. I didn't know you couldn't post items like that, if someone just sent me a message I wouldn't posted it again. I never had any feelings about it though.

Thanks for your opinions, a lot of you don't mind paying , and if its contributing to something you like thats great. I just know all the ads are paying them plenty, I've ran very large servers before and at $50 per ad on the left, plus other revenues I could host several servers.

To the guy who said buy more fake carbon fiber stickers: If you had a brain you'd know $3000 in "fake" carbon fiber would set up 6 bikes, so obviously its not fake.

I actually meant to post this complaint at gixxer.com forum not here, as this place does let you post classifieds for free ,which is cool . I believe it's gixxer that makes you buy premium to post ads, which is what I made this thread about. I think that's shitty. Anyways you can disregard / close this thread as it was made for gixxer not this forum, I confused them as they are so damn similiar in appearance. It might be a different forum though, whatever it doesn't matter

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
not to be a di*k ,but find another free forum then. :shifty save your money from one of those fake carbon sticker parts. it will cover ya for a yr. i have not payed for anything since being a member here but thanks for reminding me. it’s really about supporting the site not what you can get out of it. it should be well worth 15 bucks for the info a lot of us receive on here. take ur bike to a dealership and ask them something. you will pay at least a hour of labor for them to check something in most cases my 02 cents. this is not a burn on you but you asked for our 2 cents. I just saved a bunch of money asking a question on gsxr.com lol

·
rotaredom
888,895,582 Posts
You dont have to pay to post a classified add, never have. Paid membership turns off the google advertising etc. Bandwidth costs money, you can contribute to the site by getting a membership, or not getting one.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Seriously ???? You have been a member for what , a month ? Most posts I read from you are either being negative, a smart ass or a know it all. I got a idea for ya.... go to GIXXER.com, I think that is where you belong :thefinger

·
rotaredom
888,895,582 Posts
No member here has to have a premium or lifetime membership to post in the classifeied area. We do ask that forum rules are read and understood prior to posting in the classifiead area. Simple stuff, here it is in case you cant find it.

FOR SALE AREA AND ADVERTISING
CLASSIFIED SECTION (FOR SALE AND WANTED) ARE TO BE USED FOR BIKE-RELATED ITEMS ONLY.

Outside advertising is for site Sponsors only. Any other ads or spam will be deleted. To avoid site spamming, the for sale area/ wanted is ONLY for actively participating site members( been a member for at least 30 days), and is limited to those who have a post count of over 50 (this includes replying to ads in the wanted section). All new for sale threads will be up for moderation BEFORE they become visible. This will usually happen within 24 hrs. If your for sale thread does not show up it either was deleted or has not been reviewed yet. PM a mod to find out why. See the rules post

We are done with this thread.

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,258 Posts
Before you open your mouth next time how about you take a couple minutes to check your facts.

Gixxer does have the option for the same types of memberships we have here http://www.gixxer.com/forums/register.php?

Do you know why that is? because the same company owns both sites.

As John has pointed out you also do not need a premuim membership to use the classified section, where the hell did you even get that from anyways?

Also there is a 1 year membership and there are lifetime memberships (notice the pretty colored tag under John's screen name) so once again you have your facts wrong.

you said you wanted some feed back so here is some..

I think I will re open this thread so other can comment also.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
not to be a di*k ,but find another free forum then. :shifty save your money from one of those fake carbon sticker parts. it will cover ya for a yr. i have not payed for anything since being a member here but thanks for reminding me. it’s really about supporting the site not what you can get out of it. it should be well worth 15 bucks for the info a lot of us receive on here. take ur bike to a dealership and ask them something. you will pay at least a hour of labor for them to check something in most cases my 02 cents. this is not a burn on you but you asked for our 2 cents. I just saved a bunch of money asking a question on gsxr.com lol
+1

even IF you had to pay a small fee to use this site you would save so much compared to taking it to a dealership. That is if you had any mechanical ability an/or common sense. Thanks to GSXR.COM I havent had the need to go to a dealership since my first couple schedualed services that came with the purchase. And I've done quite a bit, not $3k in carbon fiber. But if you can afford that than $15 should be chump change. IF you had to!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have sold and bought on this site they have all been great experiences so far and I can get alot of good free information and I dont pay a dime

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
It really depends on how, and how much you use the site. If you spend a lot of time on here (and some of us do), $15 is a cheap way of making the whole site move faster, regardless of your opinion on the ethics of such.

Let's face it, this site isn't here for free - you pay for it one way or another. If it weren't for ads, this site wouldn't exist as a site that is free to its members. Sponsors pay money to have people view their ads, and that's what keeps the site running. If you don't want to view the ads, that's understandable and fine too, and it's fair that the owners be compensated for lack of exposure by charging a fee to bypass the ads.

Want to know something funny? Well, about a year ago, maybe longer, a group of moderators from both gsxr.com and gixxer.com left to form gixxernation.com, because they were complaining about our "ad laden sites." Now look at them! gixxernation.com is even worse!

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,258 Posts
Oh so your just pissed off because I keep taking down your laptop ad?

This is a motorcycle website and anything in the classified section needs to be motorcycle related, this isn't craigslist.

Even a paid membership would not get you around that rule.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Oh so your just pissed off because I keep taking down your laptop ad?

This is a motorcycle website and anything in the classified section needs to be motorcycle related, this isn't craigslist.

Even a paid membership would not get you around that rule.
Win...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Ever notice the migration of relatively friendly people to Gsxr and the ass-clowns and elitists tend to drift to gixxer? I think they should do a study, to hell with curing swine flu, I want to know about the migration effect!

·
Registered
433 Posts
The only benefit to paying the fee at gixxer is to see the adult section where they post pics of their women. And I've seen some of them and I would pay 10 times the fee NOT to see half the girls on there.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Seriously ???? You have been a member for what , a month ? Most posts I read from you are either being negative, a smart ass or a know it all. I got a idea for ya.... go to GIXXER.com, I think that is where you belong :thefinger
Gixxer.com would eat him alive.

Like JPG said it's mostly about supporting the site.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
gixxer.com is good for some tech info. But this site is home.:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts