Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Riddle me this. A Chinese national was caught stealing germs from a lab in winnepeg a couple months before the outbreak. Wuhan is the center for bioresearch in China. Some of the animals used in research was sold to the market close to the facility. The market is only 1-2 miles away from the facility. Too many coincidences.
Not to mention the sudden yet convenient cessation in the Hong Kong protesting. Also, PRC simply can not afford to “look any worse” on the world stage due to global dependence on the vast array of cheap sh*t they provide. If the world shifted away from them, it would wreak havoc on their already strained economy.

Not that they’d admit it..

·
SuperMod of the North
24,879 Posts
Well, the hotel closed yesterday, five of our hotels actually. I have moved in to have management on site at all times. I will be covering this hotel and a sister hotel a block away with management and mechanical support. It is really eerie walking around an empty facility like this. Will finish the mechanical shut downs today and set up for being off line. There is literally no one on the streets.

·
Premium Member
8,063 Posts
Well, the hotel closed yesterday, five of our hotels actually. I have moved in to have management on site at all times. I will be covering this hotel and a sister hotel a block away with management and mechanical support. It is really eerie walking around an empty facility like this. Will finish the mechanical shut downs today and set up for being off line. There is literally no one on the streets.
I don't meAn to alarm you, but have you seen the movie The Shining?

·
SuperMod of the North
24,879 Posts
Yeah! We were just talking about that. The girl at the front desk is freaked out being in the empty hotel. We do have a haunted house...I told her I was bringing some of the props out and hiding them in random spots around the hotel. Oh well, I should be able to high score any game in the arcade by June and perhaps we can get the laser tag stuff out and play the full hotel.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
People are hoarding all kinds of shit now. You can't find dust masks everywhere. Cold medication is off the shelf.

Canned foods are low

Still no toilet paper. People hoarding everything.

No cold & fever medication. Luckily I bought a couple.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Maybe I don't crap enough but I don't understand what the toilet paper hoarding is about.

N-95 masks, two years ago they gave 300,000 away here. I went to the location in the pic and they were gone but I went downtown and got one, which I still have. Now they're gone nationwide.

P.S. They say they're not reusable for germ exposure. But I wonder if you could spray bleach on them and maybe cook in an oven at 250 F or so to dry it off.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Maybe they don't allow Canadians to view it. Do a Google search for "santa barbara hands out dust masks".

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
I think they don't want canadians viewing it.
That's odd, it's just a story of some areas in California distributing free masks to citizens. Mentions the Thomas Fire burning in Santa Barbara and Ventura counties as being the reason for the distribution but they probably also help with Coronavirus.

·
SuperMod of the North
24,879 Posts
So am I the only one who sees this affect the internet and mobile carriers? I am wondering how the market will change once people start cutting back. Right now I don;t think it has sunk in financially for most. Most people laid off in the past two weeks still have one more pay cheque coming, a month from now when it starts to get tight I think you will see a lot of cell phones cancelled or scaled back to just talk and text. I know my 14 year old is going to loose his when it gets tight. My wife too, she is off for likely months and not leaving the house.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
So am I the only one who sees this affect the internet and mobile carriers? I am wondering how the market will change once people start cutting back. Right now I don;t think it has sunk in financially for most. Most people laid off in the past two weeks still have one more pay cheque coming, a month from now when it starts to get tight I think you will see a lot of cell phones cancelled or scaled back to just talk and text. I know my 14 year old is going to loose his when it gets tight. My wife too, she is off for likely months and not leaving the house.
Our cable TV & internet provider has given all of their customers free unlimited data (providing you pay your normal bill) and is allowing customers with financial difficulties to apply for deferred payment options. My wife & I's phones are paid by our employer. We are also classified as "essential personnel" and things would have to get much worse before they would consider sending us home. We are more fortunate than many in this respect.

·
SuperMod of the North
24,879 Posts
Good. I need mine as I am always on call but the rest of the family who are now professional couch potatoes not so much.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I'll starve to death first.
There's alot of health risks eating human flesh. Something called prions that makes you retarded.

Coupled by the fact that you can easily contract diseases from your victim.

But I think cannibals will make alot of enemies & will be hunted down.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts