Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not a sale I am looking to buy it and need input from you guys.
How much would you pay for this:
02 GSX-R750 8300 miles, chrome wheels, yosh tri-oval slip on, blue mirror double bubble windscreen, hotbodies undertail, flush mount signals, chrome bar ends, all resevoir covers, heel guards, custom gas cap, GSXR grips, vortex chain and sprockets kit, mini mirrors, white frame sliders, custom white GSXR logos garaged kept, and clean title. Current asking price $6000

·
rotaredom
888,895,582 Posts
in my area, regardless of those mods or miles...it would go for around four grand. you can find a much better deal then that. the market is flooded with used bikes right now. i have seen 06 liter bikes go for five and six grand...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I was afraid someone would say that. I have not had much luck finding bikes that I like in this price range. All the bikes under 5 have been laid down, rebuilt, are completely stock, or have over 10k mi. Since I like it I will be willing to "overpay" by a couple hundred but not 1k. Do you think it could pull high 4k or are you talking like 4300?
Where you from?
Oh yeah he is throwing in the stands and some gear (no details on the gear yet).

·
rotaredom
888,895,582 Posts
I was afraid someone would say that. I have not had much luck finding bikes that I like in this price range. All the bikes under 5 have been laid down, rebuilt, are completely stock, or have over 10k mi. Since I like it I will be willing to "overpay" by a couple hundred but not 1k. Do you think it could pull high 4k or are you talking like 4300?
Where you from?
nothing wrong with a 2002 bike really although parts will be harder to find in the near future. getting a newer bike for five or six grand bone stock is ok also, you can mod it yourself to your liking. i bet if you offered him 4500 he would sleep on it and get tired of trying to sell it for six and compromise....if thats the bike you really want. people are hurting for money right now, and sure he would work something out...i am from oregon.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I actually don't really like the body style of the 04 and newer bikes as much. Coming from the 00 I guess I am partial to the older gsxr. I see your point though but if I bought a stock bike for 5k and got it where I want it I would be up around 6 or 7k by the time I was done. This is sorta awesome "out of the box". I am not taking your advice lightly just trying to reason everything out in my head. I was going to offer 5500 but you are convincing me to strive for a lower price based on the real market value. Thanks for your input I do really appreciate it.

Any one else?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Around here that bike would be listed for around $4000-$5000. I have a hard time finding a bike that hasn't been given the usual mods. You have to find one that is almost brand new to have any chance of getting the stock pipe, signals, mirrors, wind screen and rear fender. I'm on the east coast of Florida.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I'd pay about $4,500 for that.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
in my area, regardless of those mods or miles...it would go for around four grand. you can find a much better deal then that. the market is flooded with used bikes right now. i have seen 06 liter bikes go for five and six grand...
id pay 3k for that bike, maybe. but where do u have 1000s going for 5 grand? in my area u could get a 04 or older gix 1000 for about $5500

·
rotaredom
888,895,582 Posts
id pay 3k for that bike, maybe. but where do u have 1000s going for 5 grand? in my area u could get a 04 or older gix 1000 for about $5500
in my area liter bikes n the 05/06 generation are going between five grand and six. i seen one the other day on a local craigslist...06 liter bike signed by ben spies for around six grand...gimme a sec and will find it.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
my boy just bought a 05 750 with less than 10,xxx on the clock ,clear title ect.... 3500 from a local bike shop here. i paid 7,xxx for my 03 750 4 yrs ago with 4,xxx on the clock with full exhaust , steel braided brake lines and some other mods. so it’s really hit or miss. it’s your money and will be ur bike so it all comes down to you and what you want. some plp get damn good deals and some don't. good luck with it

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Guess I just have to be more patient but I have been looking since March and everyone must be asking about 2k too much for their bike based on everyones descriptions here. I think I am now going to offer him $3800 with a long explanation and an offer to screen shot this thread.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
i got $3100 for it, but it had 26,000 miles, bald tires and only had a yoshimura slip on other wise it was stock. i bought it for $3300 with 11,000 miles on it plus ok tires and the slip on came with.
So you are telling offer only 3k for a 2002 750 with only 8,300mi, with decent tires, and other mods and you sold an 01 600 with 26,000 and bald tires for more than that?? I don't follow the logic. Am I missing something?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts