1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
:werd:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
It's their bike dude they can charge as much as they want. If no one buys it then they'll figure out it's too high.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 1996 GSXR 1100W that I wouldn't let go for no less than 3500 or a trade for a 'Busa 240 kit. Now if thats unethical to you thats cool but I would just keep it rather than take the lost because it's worth that much to me. What I'm saying is just because you think it may cost to much doesn't mean its unethical. If everyone else thinks it's too much then no one will buy it & the bike will just sit there until he comes down on the price.

·
Registered
971 Posts
2006 GSXR600 - low miles, highly modded, super clean $18,000. pm me if you are interested:lol:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a 1996 GSXR 1100W that I wouldn't let go for no less than 3500 or a trade for a 'Busa 240 kit. Now if thats unethical to you thats cool but I would just keep it rather than take the lost because it's worth that much to me. What I'm saying is just because you think it may cost to much doesn't mean its unethical. If everyone else thinks it's too much then no one will buy it & the bike will just sit there until he comes down on the price.
It's their bike dude they can charge as much as they want. If no one buys it then they'll figure out it's too high.
Agreed.^^^

·
Registered
95 Posts
Many fail to realize u often lose money on mods.
That's a common problem with cars and bikes. $5k in mods doesn't increase the value of your car by $5k. Bikes are no different. Unfortunately, too many people think that because they spent all that money on mods, they should be entitled to get it all back in the resale. Oh well...

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
+1

I know a guy whos bike has been for sale for almost a year because he wants his money in mods back. A a k1 600 with chrome everything and 25k+ miles for $11k. I keep tellng him I bought mine with .2 on the trip for 10,200. And he says yeah but you dont have $6k in chrome either.

And no most people dont know the book value of their bike before selling it, until someone like us gives them a reality check.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.