Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I do like the smileys...I can just see some kid excited 'cause his smiley sliders are comming in the mail today...wait! package is here....get the grinder!!!

on a side note...finally getting my left knee down consistantly...was having issues with it...think it was the whole being right handed thing or something, it freaked me out, anyone else notice that when they first started?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Nope not really.

i jsut use the cheap ass ones in the Parts Unlimeted catalogue. They are thin, light and last a long time (a bit hard) Some people dont like hard pucks, it distracts them, They want them to feel like butter on the ground.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,477 Posts
I've never tried leather or "soft" sliders. I've always used hard plastic sliders. I like the feel of them, although I have nothing to compare to, and you can hear them scraping (gotta like that)

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I have only used plastic as well. But some plastics are harder than others. My buddy used the Astar sliders, and they were gone in one 20 minute session, but he could here MY sliders over his on the track LOL

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
A guy I know who rides for Army of Darkness says the leather is nice and quiet BUT if you are the type of rider that puts alot of pressure on your slider you dont want them. They have more of a tendancy to try to grab and rip you knee off. I have never used them, so that is just what he said.......

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have used the leather ones,first off they slid better than most plastic,they do grap if you put too much pressure on them.
Second they smell real bad when using them alot kinda like burning flesh. Third they do cost more but last longer. The plastic ones do just fine though.
Just depends on how much you want to spend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.