Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This probably sounds dumb but I was wondering if the 800cc motogp bikes are faster than a Hayabusa in straight acceleration, like a quarter mile or something? I know the busa is like the king of bikes and that but i was watching those motogp bikes and they are just insane! Would the busa be faster or can the crazy expensive, smaller engined gp bikes beat them?

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
It's an apples to oranges comparison, but a $1.5M moto GP bike is probably pretty close to a stock Hayabusa in a straight, quarter mile run. A drag modded Hayabusa will of course spank it, in the quarter mile.

But, add some turns, and the right rider, and no Hayabusa will be able to touch a Moto GP bike.

·
rotaredom
9,582 Posts
the 800cc MotoGP bikes are making about 240 horsepower or 300 hp per liter..and around 350lbs give or take.....it would eat a stock busa for breakfast, lunch and dinner :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
It's an apples to oranges comparison, but a $1.5M moto GP bike is probably pretty close to a stock Hayabusa in a straight, quarter mile run. A drag modded Hayabusa will of course spank it, in the quarter mile.

But, add some turns, and the right rider, and no Hayabusa will be able to touch a Moto GP bike.
1.5 million? really? what are they made of liquid gold

·
Registered
684 Posts
the 800cc MotoGP bikes are making about 240 horsepower or 300 hp per liter..and around 350lbs give or take.....it would eat a stock busa for breakfast, lunch and dinner :thumbup:
Yeah no joke! That's why i can't stand when a Honda ride brags about their bike winning in GP! That Honda in GP is nothing like your CBR FOOL!

·
Registered
376 Posts
moto gp is like f1 of motorcycles, exotic technology,materials,and very engineered, there is nothing on those bikes not monitered by sensors and then analyzed by the team. Its the art of racing motorcycles right there. I would give my left nut to ride the track on any motogp bike. :burnout::bowdown:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.