Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have suzuki part number 51553-27g00 and 51173-27g00 they are the fork oil seal and fork dust covers. they are for a k4 gsxr 750/600 and they dont work, the old seal have an out side diameter of 56mm and the new seal are 54mm, the forks are stock wtf happened. I need some serious help, does anyone made aftermarket seals? the part numbers are correct but the seals and dust covers are just too small. help please.

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
Just out of curiosity, where did you get them, the dealer, or another supplier? Obviously someone sent you the wrong part. Or it was mis-packaged somehow.

Site sponsors should be able to help you out.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got them from a suzuki dealer, they were individually packaged and the part numbers matched to a 2004 gsxr 600/750 , but they are slighly off . i cant figure it out. my bike has been a the shop for almost a week now, im not sure what to do

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
the only problem i can think off, is that the aftermarket seals wont fit either. im going to take one of the fork tubes to the suzuki dealer and show theem the seals dont fit and hopefully they can figure something out. but more suggestions would be appriciated.????

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oim still trying to figure out if the forks were swapped, the outer fork tubes are gold and the inner fork tubes are black is this right for the k4 750?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
would 03-04 gsxr 1000 forks fit on my 04 750? i google 04 gsxr 1000 and the forksare black and gold same colors a my 750, i couldn't find a 04 750 with that color combo, the 04 750 looks like it comes in gold and silver. so is it possible they were swapped with 1000 forks?

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
At least you did the trouble shooting are got her figured out. I wonder why the previous owner swapped out the 750 forks for the 1000 when the 750 forks are better...unless the original forks were damaged in some way or another.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know why 1000 forks were put on. What could be the advantge. Both triple trees had to b replaced as well as the clip on"s. Who knows maybe the 750 was swapped with a 1000 NOT. But yea I was happy to figure it out I just thought I'd get more help. Not even the shop helped me. It was a Honda-kawi dealer so I'm not suprised

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.