Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2001 GSX-R1000
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I put the bike in dealer mode to see the lines on the dash for adjusting the TPS, I put it in the center which is -C00. When I do this, the bike runs rich and barely wants to run.
I know that only 2 things control fuel and those are the TPS and the MAP or IAP sensor on the airbox. I have swapped sensors on the box and I have swapped TPS sensors with my buddies 2001 GSXR 750 and it runs slightly better with his TPS on my bike. The bike runs way better with the line adjusted to the TOP of the C00 and runs worse at the bottom of C00.

So -C00is bad _C00 is worse and up at the top ^C00 it runs best, but the bike lacks power when applying more than 1/4 throttle. When I rev it in neutral it revs out to 11k just fine so my issue is under load but I can't seem to figure out why considering I have replaced all fuel components. Its almost like the bike only has 1 set amount of fuel and never changes unless the TPS is adjusted. It runs rich at -C00 while idling and you can barely drive it. I have a new pressure regulator, new pump, new filter, from what I can tell my fuel line isn't kinked cause I can rev it to the moon in neutral, and I've even looked down into the throttle bodies while revving and I see plenty of fuel being sprayed when the throttle opens. I can't figure out why a fuel injected bike would be running rich unless I have a bad sensor or a stuck pressure regulator. The TPS is the only way I can make changes to the bikes drivability that I know of. So the bike really only runs at its best when INCORRECTLY adjusting the TPS.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah, I'm not sure on this one.

*Have you done a fuel pressure test?( Damaged/Split o-rings on pressure regulator?)

*Bent fuel hose? (Check with a torch when you lower the tank.)

*Have you checked Crank to Cam timing?( as per manual).

*Stretched Timing Chain? Does it run better with Cam Sensor disconnected?(after starting)

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Are you checking the TPS while the engine is running, right?

·
Registered
2001 GSX-R1000
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you checking the TPS while the engine is running, right?
Yeah, I'm not sure on this one.

*Have you done a fuel pressure test?( Damaged/Split o-rings on pressure regulator?)

*Bent fuel hose? (Check with a torch when you lower the tank.)

*Have you checked Crank to Cam timing?( as per manual).

*Stretched Timing Chain? Does it run better with Cam Sensor disconnected?(after starting)
These are good points I will check all of these and get back to you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts