Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Mod of the North
29,973 Posts
Hey, I got your message. Yeah we can help you. What are you looking for? Won't be going the Facebook route, this will prove way better. Is that a 750 or a 1100?

·
Mod of the North
29,973 Posts
I just finished an '89 build last year. The thread is here.

·
Registered
2004 GSXR 600, 1992 GSXR 750, 1983 XN85 Turbo & some Euro bikes
196 Posts
Won't be going the Facebook route, this will prove way better.
Most of us old farts don’t FB. I for one, do not. The why has nothing to do with techno phobia and is a discussion for another time and thread.

However, some of us actually worked professionally as mechanics and have decades of experience with electrical systems. Some of us have even been to school for the job and have formal classes in electrical diagnostics.

We can help, but only with accurate information.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, I got your message. Yeah we can help you. What are you looking for? Won't be going the Facebook route, this will prove way better. Is that a 750 or a 1100?
Its a 750 i have to clock the starter but other then that im not getting power from start swich i have light on dash and a red oil light but i bypassed the kickstand switch

·
Mod of the North
29,973 Posts
OK. Check your fuses, there should be a fuse at the starter relay under the battery box. It may be the culprit. Also check your battery voltage and grounds.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK. Check your fuses, there should be a fuse at the starter relay under the battery box. It may be the culprit. Also check your battery voltage and grounds.
yes will do! in my fuse pan has 10 amp fuses all along it. i have a band new battery but i will check the voltage tho. im stumped it could ALSO be the clutch switch im not to sure

·
Mod of the North
29,973 Posts
The oil light will be on until the engine is running. When the engine is off there is no oil pressure and the light will be on as it should.

Follow the big wire from the battery area to the starter relay. Starter relay should be mounted under the battery box. There should be a 30A fuse there. I suspect that may be the issue.

I can post a pic when I get home later tonight. There is a video in my thread. I will try to dig it up for you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The oil light will be on until the engine is running. When the engine is off there is no oil pressure and the light will be on as it should.

Follow the big wire from the battery area to the starter relay. Starter relay should be mounted under the battery box. There should be a 30A fuse there. I suspect that may be the issue.

I can post a pic when I get home later tonight. There is a video in my thread. I will try to dig it up for you.
a 30 amp fuse on the relay itself?

·
Mod of the North
29,973 Posts
Trying to remember now. I think it is actuall an inline fuse on the wire going to the relay.

Also. See the videos below. I relocated the CDI from the side ofr the battery box to on top the air box under the tank. WAY easier to get in and out and less cramming the wires in to make everything fit. Do you have a servfice manual? It has the routing diagram for the harness so you can have it in the right spot. Will fit WAY better and will match the support tabs properly.

·
Mod of the North
29,973 Posts
Put your volt meter on continuity - so it beeps when the probes are touched together.

Touch both prongs. It should beep.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Most of us old farts don’t FB. I for one, do not. The why has nothing to do with techno phobia and is a discussion for another time and thread.

However, some of us actually worked professionally as mechanics and have decades of experience with electrical systems. Some of us have even been to school for the job and have formal classes in electrical diagnostics.

We can help, but only with accurate information.
I'm stumped on this thing started turning backwards iv tried to clock 5 times

·
Mod of the North
29,973 Posts
It should be good. It is an auto-reset circuit breaker.

What do you mean "clock" the starter? It is turning backwards?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts