Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It should be good. It is an auto-reset circuit breaker.

What do you mean "clock" the starter? It is turning backwards?
have to turn housing 90 degrees to swap polarity on starter its self iv done successfully 1 time with amazon starter but haven't bin able to do it with stock starter some one stole my other starter when it was at a shop

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
have to turn housing 90 degrees to swap polarity on starter its self iv done successfully 1 time with amazon starter but haven't bin able to do it with stock starter some one stole my other starter when it was at a shop
i have looked at wire diagram 1000 times and everything seems to be hooked up correctly bin having this problem for a min with starters i may need to just order one off amazon

·
Mod of the North
29,979 Posts
Non-OEM starters are very likely to give you a hard time. I don't have a spare one or I would send it down there.

·
Mod of the North
29,979 Posts
Does reversing polarity correct it?

·
Mod of the North
29,979 Posts
I am confused. Hang on. Do you have power at the starter? If it is spinning backwards you must have power.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
everything seems to be working except the start switch and starter motor turning backswords like i said it could be the clutch sensor causing the switch not to work but in not sure until i it physically the sensor wiring behind the headlight(yellow-green trace) on someone elses bike just so i can make sure

·
Mod of the North
29,979 Posts
OK. That relay has a primary and a secondary circuit. The primary circuit is for the starter motor and if you can jump the terminals to spin the motor it is good. The secondary circuit goes through the side stand, clutch, kill switch ignition, etc. That is what you have to trace out and trouble shoot

Unplug your headlights right at the bulbs so you don't kill your battery while you troubleshoot.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
OK. That relay has a primary and a secondary circuit. The primary circuit is for the starter motor and if you can jump the terminals to spin the motor it is good. The secondary circuit goes through the side stand, clutch, kill switch ignition, etc. That is what you have to trace out and trouble shoot

Unplug your headlights right at the bulbs so you don't kill your battery while you troubleshoot.
head light is off the bike stand switch was "bypassed"(green and black/white trace spliced) i need to make sure the clutch switch is wired correctly idk why starter would be spinning backwards though

·
Mod of the North
29,979 Posts
With the key on you should see power to ground on both sides of all those switches. When you find the switch with power on one side and nothing on the other that is the open switch.

The other way to do it with the key off is to check each switch the same way you checked that relay. The open one is the problem.

·
Registered
2004 GSXR 600, 1992 GSXR 750, 1983 XN85 Turbo & some Euro bikes
199 Posts
I’ve read somewhere about the starter spinning backwards…..aside from the obvious reversed polarity, it was down to something internal being indexed incorrectly. That was a long time back but likely the issue here. If I can find the article/thread I’ll post a link as it on another forum

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I’ve read somewhere about the starter spinning backwards…..aside from the obvious reversed polarity, it was down to something internal being indexed incorrectly. That was a long time back but likely the issue here. If I can find the article/thread I’ll post a link as it on another forum
alright im going to check the switches here shortly

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
so what can i do to reslove the starter

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
With the key on you should see power to ground on both sides of all those switches. When you find the switch with power on one side and nothing on the other that is the open switch.

The other way to do it with the key off is to check each switch the same way you checked that relay. The open one is the problem.
alright im going to check the switches here shortly

·
Registered
2004 GSXR 600, 1992 GSXR 750, 1983 XN85 Turbo & some Euro bikes
199 Posts
Errrmm…..the switch is normally open when the lever is in its normal position and closed when clutch lever is pulled in.

With it sitting there like that, I have to assume it is in the open position so you would get no continuity.

If you put your leads on the wires and close the switch it should show something above 0.00 ohms. I will try to find that article/thread about a starter’s running in reverse.

It’s not on this forum….and I have to weed through a whole bunch of threads to find it. Also, it is not a Suzuki starter….though I’m pretty sure all the Japanese manufacturers use the same Hitachi or Nippon Denso starter motors

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
Errrmm…..the switch is normally open when the lever is in its normal position and closed when clutch lever is pulled in.

With it sitting there like that, I have to assume it is in the open position so you would get no continuity.

If you put your leads on the wires and close the switch it should show something above 0.00 ohms. I will try to find that article/thread about a starter’s running in reverse.

It’s not on this forum….and I have to weed through a whole bunch of threads to find it. Also, it is not a Suzuki starter….though I’m pretty sure all the Japanese manufacturers use the same Hitachi or Nippon Denso starter motors
alright iv had the same problem with 2 different oem starters. when i jump both leads on the switch and complete the circuit i still get 0.00 how would ik if the switch is bad

21 - 40 of 73 Posts