Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Mod of the North
29,979 Posts
Sounds good. Make sure you get an OEM one. I know funds are low but your chances with a knock off are 50/50 at best

·
Mod of the North
29,979 Posts
No, sorry man. I figured you had that sorted out. I will put one up today.

Reactions: chrisvescovo69

·
Mod of the North
29,979 Posts
Sorry for the radio silence here Chris. My weekend went sideways and I didn’t have a chance to pull the farings for a vid. I am not sure how much good it will do anyway, I have the hydraulic clutch & I am pretty sure yours is cable. It’s 100F in the garage right now so it ain’t getting done today.

·
Registered
2004 GSXR 600, 1992 GSXR 750, 1983 XN85 Turbo & some Euro bikes
199 Posts
There’s not much back there TBH. Turn signals….head lights….horn….8-9 wires total? I’d go out to my garage and take a picture for you….but my front end is all apart and the harness to the front is dangling below the tank on the R/H side of the bike.

BTW, mine is a 1992 so slightly different. They’re pretty much the same from 85-92 wiring wise though. Fairly sure even the 93-95 bikes are the same up front wiring wise. They didn’t really change much until the SRAD came along.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
There’s not much back there TBH. Turn signals….head lights….horn….8-9 wires total? I’d go out to my garage and take a picture for you….but my front end is all apart and the harness to the front is dangling below the tank on the R/H side of the bike.

BTW, mine is a 1992 so slightly different. They’re pretty much the same from 85-92 wiring wise though. Fairly sure even the 93-95 bikes are the same up front wiring wise. They didn’t really change much until the SRAD came along.
if you could send a photo of the harness for the clutch safety switch i just wanna see how every thing gets reconnected correctly the wiring diagram and how it seem be wired seems slightly different unless I am looking at it wrong !

·
Registered
2004 GSXR 600, 1992 GSXR 750, 1983 XN85 Turbo & some Euro bikes
199 Posts
I’m afraid this isn’t going to be of much help. My switch is intact and the connector end is buried somewhere back in the wiring loom.
Motor vehicle Automotive mirror Gesture Vehicle Automotive exterior

Probably as good a picture of the switch as I’ll be able to give you….and I had to climb over the 900SS on my bike lift to reach the bike table the old 92 is set up on.

Looking at the wiring diagram it appears there is a green/yellow wire that goes from one side of the switch to the start switch. And a green/yellow wire that goes to the starter relay.

From that, I’d guess the switch is normally open and only closes when the clutch lever is actuated/clutch disengaged.

As there should only be the two wires, you just have to determine which one goes to the starter relay and which goes to the start switch.

Then you can jumper them bypassing the switch to see if it starts on the start switch. Or, jumper 12V to side that goes to the relay and see if it functions.

It doesn’t matter which one goes to which terminal on the switch as it just completes them when closed.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts