Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. my name is Mace.
i like to fix things.
Today i have a total piece of sh1t .....Its a k4 gsxr that has been sitting for about 4 years and is almost too far gone to bring back to life.
In this thread, I will rewire the harness, and try to bring it back to life.
first step. get power to the matrix.
first step achieved.:devil I will have to create a skeleton key for the bike using a 100 ohm resistor.
Then I will get a stock header from ebay and a radiator to make it run.
I joined back in 2005 and have been bringing bikes back to life since then,
Please follow my build and lets see if I can resuscitate another neglected gsxr

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for checking it out. After some thought, I began to part the bike out. I was thinking i could sell some parts, and keep some parts, and then buy another parts bike and build one from all the free parts. Im not sure if it will work, however there is a large supply of this model lying around everywhere so I will attempt to build one for free by selling parts from one bike and keeping parts from another. Im not sure if it will work or i will have a backyard full of junk but its worth a try.:nerd
ill keep this thread updated on the Frankenstein build.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
engine was locked up from the flywheel hitting the stator and probably some rust inside one or two of the bores. I poured some two stroke oil down the bores and removed the stator and plugs and now the engine is rotating by hand. Im not sure if it will run or not, it was crashed pretty hard.
Tried tapping out the flywheel dent, dont think thats gonna work it still rubs. But the engine turns over now when i jump the solenoid.
pics
gonna be a slow build. Good thing is, a whole set of plastics is like 140 to the door. unreal. used to cost 5-600.

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It lives.
tapped out the flywheel so it wasnt binding and put a new case cover on just to see if it would turn over with the plugs in. It did. So, I run up to the store grab some oil and throw it in. The bike would only turn when I jumped the solenoid but the fuel pump would prime ....so I figured it was the clutch switch. Ran an old piece of wire between the two leads and the old bitch came to life. Sounded like a bag of hammers for about 20 seconds and was blowing smoke from all the two stroke oil and I almost turned it of because I thought it was gonna blow....then all of the sudden the oil made it into all the passageways and the smoke stopped and it was running good. I checked the battery while it was running, and I am getting no charge, so Ill probably need a new flywheel and stator but I didnt want to buy parts for it if the engine was trash. I warmed it up to operating temp and it began to leak from the radiator cap and oil from under the water pump which I hope is just that oring that goes around the shaft. The 05 garnered enough spending cash to invest into another bike and I still have most of the 05.
I will build one bike for track and one for street. the one for track will just sit in the garage and look pretty because I dont ride track.
Cliffs; it runs
it needs a new rad cap and an oring for the water pump shaft.
also a new flywheel and stator/rectifier
battery
fairings
enough talk
picture time
:nerd

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plot twist!'
2009 has a spun bearing.
So, I go out there and see what parts will be compatible with the 05 build.
bingo. fuel pump mates up
bingo gas cap mates up
gonna see if the rad and the exhaust mates up next,then the front master and clipons, although they all have differnet parts numbers, they all mate up. frankenbuild.
than i sell all the parts off the 09 to build the 05!:nerd

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
brand new ngk cr9e.
throw some castrol 10w 40 in
lets see some smoke bro..... stva not actuating..... may have to swap out stva from other bike.
stay tuned im gonna get something going.
should see some smoke and fire soon, hope i dont see no gold flakes this time,.
09 blew a fuck!ing rod fml

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
With these Harley Davidsons I just sand the tank down inside with 80 grit, remove all the factory coating and put the Outlaws back on the road.
With these Jap bikes. you cant fit your hand in there and so I was using the old rocks and sand techique. So, I was thinking there has to be a better way. this tank was the worst Ive ever seen.
I mean it was coated rom top to bottom with thick surface rust. I fired up my 3100 psi pressure washer and stuck the wand in both holes (lol)
next thing you know, no more rust, and no factory coating. just like I like it
bare metal. thats what the fuel likes to live in.
just put a shopvac in it to dy it out add some gas and then sone tw stoke oil and vroom son

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have fuel, spark, and lights
not sure if this old piece is gonna run
stva is not actuating when i turn on key
i tried to to call the geek but he didnt answer
tomorrow i throw somw oil in it and pray to the bike gods.:nerd.
low bean is not functioning.
fml

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
whatsup fellas, yeah i got kinda kidnapped and was forced to work on Harleys...must have put about 50 back on the road
then i crawled my way back here, and yeah the pressure washer is powerful enough to blast off most of the surface crap, worked alot better than shaking it for hours with rocks and sand in it.
Im hoping to try to fire the first 05 build tonight, I got spark and fuel last night.:nerd
The goal of Proj3ct Zero is to build one bike fore free or even for profit by parting out other bikes, in the end you could have a fully built bike for free
It isnt working like I thought it would, but it kinda seems like the idea has potential.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Will do.
BUILD 05 600B
Today, I had the chance to take apart the original fuel pump that was locked up and begin to clean and reassemble with this KEMSO replacement pump.
I have had some good results with these and for like 25 bucks its a hell of a deal to get your bike runnin':devil

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So, Proj3t Z3ro had some bad luck.
First, the 09 engine blew up, I paid 1000$ for the bike.
Then I go to 600B. I traded a rm250 I paid $500 for. Get the wiring and fuel sorted and fire it up.
Sounds like another bag of hammers. Engine knocking. Not a total loss though, because it has all the parts I need to have a go at 600A which i bought for $500
So, if you are keeping track. Its a 2000 dollar investment.
I go to fire 600A after sitting for many years and it runs fine.
So far about 700 in parts have sold and I have a running bike with full fairing and headlight plus extra tanks cdi's harnesses wheels rotors etc. almost a complete 09 with title and random other parts.
In order for Project z3ro to be successful, I have to make at least 1300 on the remainder of the parts in order to z3ro out.
Anyway, enough blabber here is the pic shortly after 600A and the first fire after several years. I hope to build just one bike now, for profit if it works out.
anybody need cheap parts?:nerd

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Will do.
BUILD 05 600B
Today, I had the chance to take apart the original fuel pump that was locked up and begin to clean and reassemble with this KEMSO replacement pump.
I have had some good results with these and for like 25 bucks its a hell of a deal to get your bike runnin':devil
How many miles have you run those fuel pumps? I bought one also & didn't end up using it. Didn't trust it at all.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think I saw a video on you tube where technicians compare them to Walbro and the Kemso outperforms the Walbro.
That is enough evidence for me to put one in a bike.
I dont keep bikes long enough to test the longevity of the pump but I wouldnt be scared it would fail any faster than stock.:nerd

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think I saw a video on you tube where technicians compare them to Walbro and the Kemso outperforms the Walbro.

That is enough evidence for me to put one in a bike.

I dont keep bikes long enough to test the longevity of the pump but I wouldnt be scared it would fail any faster than stock.:nerd
I sometimes tour on my bike so I don't want to be 1000 km from home & had a pump problem. End up putting in a Suzuki Sidekick pump. Which is a Denso.

Unless your bike is not getting enough fuel, I won't put a high capacity pump. Could push the fittings out & lead you stranded. Just my 2c.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts