Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gents,

The carburetors on my 1986 GSXR-750G are damaged beyond repair, and I can not figure out the proper carb that belongs on my bike. My repair manual says its supposed to have CV type Mikuni BST31SS's, but when I took them out, I measured them at 29mm, and I cant find a model number on them. To make matters more confusing, I've been told that the G model is supposed to have Flat slides on them, but may have been on European models only. I am trying to keep the bike completely stock so that means keeping the factory airbox. Mikuni makes replicas but are not compatible with the stock air box, and will require K&N air pods (not conducive to a stock restoration). So here are a few questions I have:

1.) What carbs are supposed to be on an 86 750-G? Europe vs. USA?
2.) Is there a way to modify the boots to get new Mikuni's to fit on a stock airbox?
3.) Will European flat slides fit into a US model stock airbox? If so, What size would they be?
4.) Is there anyone on here willing to sell me a set of nice carbs that came off a RUNNING bike?

Thank You!

Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Automotive fuel system

·
Super Moderator
1995 GSX-R 750
2,164 Posts
Do they look like these?
And why do you say yours are "beyond repair"? What exactly is damaged about them?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Uk gsxr750 g (slabside) have 29 mm slide carbs.
From what I have heard they are now getting rare in good condition.
If yours are beyond repair it will take some searches to find some good ones

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mmmmmmmm............... Flat slide 33mm Keihins? .......... hehehe

What I believe I had on a 1100........................... had them bounce between a 750 though......... jetted up/down for each.
Once dialed in.............................ohhhhhhhhhhh

·
Super Moderator
1995 GSX-R 750
2,164 Posts
Ebay is likely the ONLY place you will find any parts for this bike. Even if you have a motorcycle salvage yard within reach, it would be pure luck if they have parts for one this old.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts