1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah i have a 2002 gsxr 600
it needs a new rear tire and right now it has the original tire size 180/XX/17
and i was wondering if i can put a 190/50/17 like the gsxr 1000 have
what do you guys think??will it fit?? will it look better?? will it ride better??
your inout is appreciated
thanks

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
it'll fit but it will handle worse. Just stick with the 180/55 tire size.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
it will fit yes, and no it won't handle as good. the 190's are 190/50, so they are a lower profile tire, it will turn a lot slower, and you can't flick it back and forth very quick.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
skibum91 said:
it will fit yes, and no it won't handle as good. the 190's are 190/50, so they are a lower profile tire, it will turn a lot slower, and you can't flick it back and forth very quick.

tis true...there's alot of people with 1K's that swap for 180's

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
yeah, I have a pilot sport 190/50 on my 750 and it's a lot harder to flick it around, depends on what you want though. If you don't need to flip it around all the time and you like the big look and like to show it off a lot, go with the 190. It doesn't kill the handling, just makes it a touch more difficult

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
The rims on a 1k and a 600 are different, thus the 190 and 180 fit each one respectively correctly, but putting a 190 on a 600 will adversly effect handling. It looks kinda cool, but turn in is slowed down.

·
Registered
217 Posts
the guy i pit with at the races uses a 190 on his 600 .. yes it does flick alittle slower but hecan get on the gas sooner due to a larger contact patch. it's all about trade off's

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bambam454 said:
the guy i pit with at the races uses a 190 on his 600 .. yes it does flick alittle slower but hecan get on the gas sooner due to a larger contact patch. it's all about trade off's
yeah true
i guess it can be worth it and then it cant

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
bambam454 said:
Is he using a street tire or a race tire, because they now make a 190/75 race tire that is supposed to give turn in like a 180 but have the contact of the 190??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.