Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I just looked at my old reciept, I ordered it on 8/27. almost to the 2 month mark now.

·
Registered
543 Posts
:fu: them, worlds largest supplier my ass...anyways, which ones did ya go with? SS- those things are sweet as hell, colored, titan hardened? or just normal.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
rkrummel01 said:
:fu: them, worlds largest supplier my ass...anyways, which ones did ya go with? SS- those things are sweet as hell, colored, titan hardened? or just normal.
Just normal, because its just for the stunt bike, its gonna get beat to hell anyways.

On my 1000 though I'm going with renthal sprockets.

·
Registered
488 Posts
ok i have to ask, i know its gonna sound silly but...im not to sure how the ratings on the chain sizes work. i hear a lot of you doing "520" conversions. i assume this is the chain size. i know my 04 1k has "530" stock and the 600 and 750 have "525" stock . wouldnt putting on a "520" be smaller/weaker? or is there a advantage to doing this? just curious if im correct on this , im most likely doing a sprocket change over the winter and want to be sure to do it the right way. thanks for any feedback..

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
You are correct in that the size of the chain, 530-525-520 is the width of the chain. Usually the difference is tensile strength, but you can find 520 chains with close to the same tensile strength and most stock 530 chains, but the advantage for using the 520 chain is the chain and sprockets are so much lighter than the stock 530 equipment, so you have less rotational mass, which means a little quicker acceleration and stopping. plus the all around weight saving.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.