Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting on a full muzzy exhaust with a k&n filter and I have a power commander. What horsepower increases have any of you seen with a setup similar to this on a 2003 gsxr 600. Let me know if you guys have any input.

thanks for your time
brian

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Depends on whether you use a downloaded map or a custom map for fuel and ignition.

Typically it is about 7-12 percent with downloaded maps and 10-15 percent with a custom map.

Get a baseline dyno run BEFORE doing mods on the same dyno and with a very similar room temp and humidity as the one you will get it mapped on or run it on after doing the install. This will tell you how much gains you got.

You could say you have 90 hp or 150 hp, and it doesnt mean shit unless you know what your precentage of gains is. Good example is some of the mags say they make 96 stock and others say as high as 104, so if you get 110 hp after mods, if yours read 104 stock you only got a 6 HP gain, about %5. If it read 96 though, then you are looking at about %15... BIG difference there.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
If you get your bike dynoed Main thing to get is a A/F reading as it will tell you the whole story besides just what ya bike is making then if it is need more fueling or less you can adjust or just get it done and no need to worry.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Any Dyno worth a damn is going to be reading AF ratio. Most people tune to AF ratio anyway, SOME tune to best power, but this is a bit more dangerous,a dn usually only reserved for race bikes.

I do NOT recomend you try to adjust your AF ratio using the buttons on the front of the Power Commander. they do NOT have a fine enough adjustement, and I would ONLY use then if you found yourself riding at a way differnt altitude than the bike is tuned, and therefore the bike runs like ass.

If you try to do it yourself, be prepared to have little to no gains, and possibly LOSS in some areas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.