Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just changed my oil, and when i run the bike for a bit, then park it the oil is not in the sight glass. so i fill it up thinking well hey maybe i just was an idiot and didnt fill it to the level it was supposed to be. when i ran it again after parking it the oil level was down again. whats going on? the oil is not totally gone, when i tip the bike past level it comes into the glass its just not full like it should be, theres also a white foam on top, very little bit? please help me out here.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
You are filling the oil with bike OFF the kickstand balanced right?

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Sorry, but the way you wrote your first post sounds like you are also "parking" the bike and then checking which sounds like you are checking the oil with the bike on the kickstand. If you check it with the bike on the kickstand of course it's not going to show. But if you filled it properly with the bike balanced, cranked the bike and let it run a minute or two then stop the motor, wait a couple minutes, you will see that you do have to add another .2-.3 of a quart. All this has to be done with the bike balanced.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes ive aded that and now its low again? ill try one more time but if its low again then what? and what about that light white foam any ideas?

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
The recommended amount of oil on the case cover does not include the oil filter. I know my R6 says, 2600ml or 2.6qts but I know I can go 3-3.2 without a second thought. Same with GSXR's, whatever it says on the case cover, you can easily add another .3-.4qts and be safe in the sight glass.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i understand that but what im saying is ive already filled it twice to the fill mark and then when i check it again after running the oil is not in the glass.. i have to tip the bike past level to see the oil in the glass. after its been at full when bike was level.

·
Registered
927 Posts
i understand that but what im saying is ive already filled it twice to the fill mark and then when i check it again after running the oil is not in the glass.. i have to tip the bike past level to see the oil in the glass. after its been at full when bike was level.
assuming the oil level is being read properly then only 1 of 2 things can be happening. it is burning oil when you ride which means you will have blue smoke or it is leaking out of a seal/cover/etc. and you should be able to find the leak pretty easily.

not sure what your time frame/mileage is between adding oil but if you are talking anything under 2K or so miles it should be easy to see all the oil slinging off or the cloud of smoke behind you.

I think you just aren't checking it/adding it properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.