Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok on my k7 600 my fuel tank breather hose, its the one that if you lift up your tank there is 2 hoses that come from the bottom of the tank( the smaller of the 2). that run along the side of the bike, and come out under the bike that hang down alittle bit. and the yesterday i noticed that there is a cut that goes all the way threw it, the cut is located half way up the hose, the cut is about 1/2 inch long. and its a breather hose for the gas tank so once in awhile alittle gas does come out of it, so i went down to my dealer where i got it and showed it to them and they said its normal that the factory does that, and not to worrie about it. i just want to know what you guys think. thanks for your help.:thumbup:

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok on my k7 600 my fuel tank breather hose, its the one that if you lift up your tank there is 2 hoses that come from the bottom of the tank( the smaller of the 2). that run along the side of the bike, and come out under the bike that hang down alittle bit. and the yesterday i noticed that there is a cut that goes all the way threw it, the cut is located half way up the hose, the cut is about 1/2 inch long. and its a breather hose for the gas tank so once in awhile alittle gas does come out of it, so i went down to my dealer where i got it and showed it to them and they said its normal that the factory does that, and not to worrie about it. i just want to know what you guys think. thanks for your help.:thumbup:
anyone

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
never mind i just went out and bought a new hose, i dont want to worrie about it.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my 04 750 has the same cut
My old bike had a cut like that. I thought someone did it to my bike. Good to know it comes from the factory like that.
i went out and bought a new hose, because once in awhile alittle gas would come out of the cut and leak on my motor alittle, and i didnt want any problems to come from that.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
since there was just my bike that had that cut on the breather hose, is there a reason why they do that? and is there going to be any problems since i put on a new hose, so i dont have that cut anymore?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.