Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
yea the back turn signals on the new GSXR's are....well lets say gay...
so i took those bitches off, and im not paying like $100 for the Fender Elim kit.
You think the pigs will give me shit about it, or will they not even notice.
The tag mounted flush so it looks legalish

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
Depends on what state you live in and how the cops enforce vehicle laws. I haven't had rear turn signals in 3yrs and haven't ever been harassed. Matter of fact I haven't had a state inspection sticker on my bike since the day I brought her home Feb. 2002 and I've been pulled over 5-6 times for various speeding (thank God only warnings) infractions.

·
Registered
192 Posts

Blain86 said:
so i took those bitches off, and im not paying like $100 for the Fender Elim kit.

Dude, NO COP BASHING....Your title has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with your post. Im just shittin about the cop bashing. I rode for a year with no signals, just make sure to use your hand for more than just beatin it.

·
Registered
938 Posts
:funny: :funny: :funny:

I don't have front or rear signals on my bike, no inspection sticker. Got pulled a couple of weeks ago, he didn't even notice; I don't think. Well I didn't get a ticket.

And what does the title have to do with this thread? :headscrat

·
S.I.J
5,080 Posts
Dammmm

A little quick to judge all law enforcement personnel..... I ride a 05 GSXR 600 does that make me a prick as well???

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Blain86 said:

why would you not want turn signals? it's bad enough that people have a hard time seeing bikes. why would you take them off? you are just asking for more trouble. but, it's your bike and my opinion. :headshake

·
Registered
653 Posts
Blain86 said:
give me a f'n break i was just usin pig as slang term
SORRY, i guess it should say Police Officer.
geeze Blain why do you have to f' with the pigs!!! pigs pigs pigs pigs! take em' off they do look gay, they won't give you crap for that. :thumbup:

·
Registered
320 Posts
I changed the title. Why? Because it was stupid. I have friends that are LEO's. I have been pulled over 6 times in the past year and I don't even have a tag. It went out of date a year ago. Do you want to know how many tickets I have recieved? 0 none, nada, not 1. Why? Because I am courteous and not an asshole. I used to ride with a few cops. I could see you bashing a certain cops but with a title like the one you put that is stereotyping all LEO's. Open your eyes. Yes there are a lot of asshole cops but who are you going to call when you get robbed? Who are you going to call when your bike gets stolen? Who is going to be there if you crash your bike? Who is going to be there if you or your family has a car wreck? That's right, cops. If you never need a LEO then you are lucky. If you are going to say fuck cops then when you have a wreck, don't call them. When your shit gets stolen don't call them. As a matter of fact you need to put signs everywhere that say "no matter what happens I refuse police assistance." Then that way when you have a car or bike wreck and the cops show up who could possibly save your life they can go on their way and leave you with the hope that the paramedics get there in time.

·
Registered
783 Posts
In Virginia turn signals are not required. If you do have them, they had better be DOT approved to pass inspection. But if you just rip em off, thats legal. If you get paranoid cuz a cops behind ya, just use hand signals and he cant bust ya for the turn signals ... don't know about other states.

·
Registered
207 Posts
turn signals

I got the lockhart/phillips led brakelight/turn signals. replaces the tail light. hooks up easy. I did not get the under tail either. used existing screws to attach the license plate. about $80. I did get a friends discount at a dealer.

·
Registered
192 Posts
ZGixxeR said:
I changed the title. Why? Because it was stupid. I have friends that are LEO's. I have been pulled over 6 times in the past year and I don't even have a tag. It went out of date a year ago. Do you want to know how many tickets I have recieved? 0 none, nada, not 1. Why? Because I am courteous and not an asshole. I used to ride with a few cops. I could see you bashing a certain cops but with a title like the one you put that is stereotyping all LEO's. Open your eyes. Yes there are a lot of asshole cops but who are you going to call when you get robbed? Who are you going to call when your bike gets stolen? Who is going to be there if you crash your bike? Who is going to be there if you or your family has a car wreck? That's right, cops. If you never need a LEO then you are lucky. If you are going to say fuck cops then when you have a wreck, don't call them. When your shit gets stolen don't call them. As a matter of fact you need to put signs everywhere that say "no matter what happens I refuse police assistance." Then that way when you have a car or bike wreck and the cops show up who could possibly save your life they can go on their way and leave you with the hope that the paramedics get there in time.

I agree. I did not one but TWO wheelies over two train track bridges and a cop pulled me over up the road. He took all my info, asked me what ticket I would expect to get.....I said, one that keeps me from riding for next two years???? He said "You betcha". I told him I was late for work and how dumb of me..........not one minute later handed back my info and said ride safely to work, have a nice day????

I had sex that night and dedicated the first 3 minutes of the 8 minutes it lasted to him!!

·
Registered
938 Posts
ZGixxeR said:
:thumbup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.