Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I guess I should start by introducing myself as this is my first post on these forums. My name is Jorge. Im 21, currently active duty in the US Army. Im a 63B which is all wheel vehicle mechanic. I've never owned a bike, and never really ridden a bike other than my buddys 06 R6, in a parking lot.

Allright, now to the goodstuff!

I have found on craiglist a layed over 95 GSXR750. The guy wants 750 for the bike. Here is whats wrong with it. There is no key, and a bunch of broken stuff(I have pics).

Now if you could look at the pics and tell me if this bike is worth 750 and roughly how much would it cost to get it running? The guy said the bike was running after the laydown but somewhere along the way they lost the key, they do have the title for the bike though.

Onto the pics!

·
Registered
862 Posts
It looks pretty old.. beat up but not TERRIBLE.. Id replace most of the tubing , and wiring..

it needs new new throttle cable/etc most likely.. it has custom rism it looks like... the wiring harness will probably need to be rewired , actually it definately will ...it needs a front end with headlight...

cant tell really much from pics but i dont know that year

keep in mind youll need oil, suspension fork oil changed, oil filter, air filter (these 4 things for sure), new chain and sprockets most likely, this is considering this stuff is as old and ill maintained as the bike..

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you're willing to put the time and effort into the bike, project bikes can be a lot of fun. I figure if you buy a new ignition and all the lights (probably cost around 300 bucks to replace the broken stuff) then your bike should be rideable. Then you could just ride it streetfighter until you feel like/can afford to replace all the plastics.

Is the frame damaged at all?? because replacing/fixing that would twice as the bike itself.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It looks pretty old.. beat up but not TERRIBLE.. Id replace most of the tubing , and wiring..

it needs new new throttle cable/etc most likely.. it has custom rism it looks like... the wiring harness will probably need to be rewired , actually it definately will ...it needs a front end with headlight...

cant tell really much from pics but i dont know that year
+1 but what's great is that most of the important stuff comes cheap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From looking and checking out the bike, everything looks striaght. The forks and handle bars are striaght, the swing arm I belive its called, is straight no damage to them at all.

The only deal is I cant start the bike to hear it, because there is no key. Anyone know how to jumpstart it so I can check it out? lol?

Also I wasnt worried about the plastics, I was auctually going for the "streetfighter" look since most of the plastic is gone anyways. I dont want to get to serious with this bike as Im a new rider and dont want to kringe after i put buckets of money into and happen to drop it of something, which I hope wont happen.

·
Registered
136 Posts
well.. you could do what the assholes who steal bikes do. Take a screwdriver and nail it into the ignition and then use that as a key :p

otherwise the only real way is to get a new ignition set.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright, thanks for the input.lol. Maybe since the owner has the title and vin I can get him to make a key. He should do it if he wants to sell it I guess.

Also could i get some recomendations as to goo online parts stores that would sell the things I need to get this thing going? I wanna check on prices so I can figure out a way to budget this. Im only an E-2 so I dont make alot of money, haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.