Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a hiar line crack on my lower casing on the left side like right above the gasket. It leaks oil like a BITCH when I start it up. Any idea on what the hell to do ????

·
Registered
980 Posts
the left side if you were sitting on it, or the left side if you were looking at it standing in front of it? (window or clutch side)?

what do you mean hair line crack?-did you drop it? how did you relize it was leaking/----along with what year your bike is and the miles, and i bet ski will tell you whats up!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a 2000 gsxr 600. its got like 12650 miles on it.....its on the left side if you were sitting on it. (clutch side) they were trying to drain the coolent and they undid a bolt that leaked oil and they tightened it to tight and it made a hair line crack in the casing........ just wanna know how to fix the damn thing so i can go ridin !!! The weather is finally gettin nice here in Ohio.

·
Registered
34 Posts
find someone in your area who can aluminum weld and has a clue and itll be much cheaper than buyin a new cover....... the shope i work at does quite a decent amount of this type of work. we have straightened alot of bent forks as well....

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Replace it!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i was told that i could weld it but its awfully close to the gasket.... and i was told that has to lay perfectly level or that will leak.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i dont think that it is the cover.. are you meaning that black thing ? thats NOT whats leaking. its leaking where the aluminum is meeting the black cover thing. its actually got a little hole instead of a crack its also right above the gasket in like a little crevice.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
From what I gather........ your case is leaking. That sucks. The right way to do it is to replace the uper case. The easy cheap way is to try to JB weld like has been said. Iwould replace the black stator cover if it was leaking.......... but I might "fix" the cases.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
From what I gather........ your case is leaking. That sucks. The right way to do it is to replace the uper case. The easy cheap way is to try to JB weld like has been said. Iwould replace the black stator cover if it was leaking.......... but I might "fix" the cases.

How how will it cost to fix the casing.... is it the upper or lower one ? I heard 1000 thats not including labor. but just let me know.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
To replace the upper case ( you said it was at the top of the cover right) you are looking at a complete engine teardown for the most part. you will need the case, a few other parts like gaskets and such....... and around $700 to $1000 in labor.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah ill take a pic and post it and try and put an arrow to where it is leaking oil. It will have to wait til tomorrow though cause my bike is at my buddies car garage thats where we've been looking at it for a couple days.. but i will post it asap for you to see and give more advice.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well my buddy and i tired to JB weld it but that didnt work, so we ended up taking it back to the guy that i bought it from.( i know the guy real well) hes the one the f**ked it up and he said that it would be all fixed up before i got it will it wasnt so they are gonna take care of it. Pry end up replace the whole casing which is a shit load of money for that alone plus labor. But the good news is i dont have to pay for it !! the bad news is i wont be ridin for a little bit and no pics of the bike til i get it back. Oh well its not a life or death situation so i can deal with it. Just wanted to say thanks for all the advice that you guys left for me.
Thanks again.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
atleast its going to get fixed and you don't have to pay for it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.