Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a question about changing sprokets.i have noticed that the speedo is not driven off the front wheel anymore (04 1000) like all of my previous bikes have been.i see the "stunt /wheelie" sproket kits on ebay that say they lower final [email protected]%. is there a way to recalibrate the speedo? (power comander etc) do these type of controllers have that option ?or is it nessicery? has anyone used these sproket setups? how are they as far as quality? do they notice that much change in acceleration? thanks for any input..

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Your speed will be off when you change the sprockets, They make an Item called a "yellow box" that you use to recalibrate your speedo. They run about $100 i think

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool thanks for fast response!, any rec on which sprokets to use? ever had any luck with the ebay ones?

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Never tried the ebay stuff. I like the renthal sprockets personally. but most sprockets are going to be made about the same.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool thanks ski! probally going to be one of my winter mods! i more question about this "yellowbox" to calibrate the speedo. is it only used to calibrate the speedo or is it permanitly installed?and if so if its disconected will i have to reset it up? (ie batt disconected etc)

·
Registered
543 Posts
it can be connected and disconnected like it where never done, it's plug and play, it takes over when you plug it in, fixes mileage and speed. :thumbup:

·
Registered
522 Posts
ill let u know how the ebay ones do... I have a 15 front and 46 rear commin for my 600. sprockets r Vortex. they will be in tom. and i will get them on by sat. its a 520 conv. CANT WAIT!!! it comes with a RK 520 GXW, 120 link X-Ring Chain. Ski what u think about this chain? The auction says it has a 8800 lb tensile strength. the auction was listed to include the 1000s. So i know this chain is strong enough for a 600. :)

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
freak_accident said:
ill let u know how the ebay ones do... I have a 15 front and 46 rear commin for my 600. sprockets r Vortex. they will be in tom. and i will get them on by sat. its a 520 conv. CANT WAIT!!! it comes with a RK 520 GXW, 120 link X-Ring Chain. Ski what u think about this chain? The auction says it has a 8800 lb tensile strength. the auction was listed to include the 1000s. So i know this chain is strong enough for a 600. :)
Thats a good chain, It's definatly good for a 600, but for a 1000 I would try to get something above 9000lb tensile strength, but the 8800 is more than enough for the 6.

·
Registered
543 Posts
i was gonna do the rk 520 when i canged out my sprockets and chain, but i seen how fast people are going threw those rear sprockets, so i stuck w/ my 525 and just changed sprockets. no need to reply, just seen what i seen. :D

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for replys guys, krum , where can i get one of these yello boxes?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks krum!!!! $110.shipped, they will give us a small price break for 2 or 3. ill be doing it over the winter,anyone wanna get one also?

·
Registered
543 Posts
let me know when u order cause i'll get one at the same time, saving money is good. just pm me when your ready to get yours, i'm not in a rush...later bro....KRUM

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
How much of a price break will they give you??

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey guys , not much of a break , but better than nothing. price for 1 is 100/110 shipped. for 2 2nd one is 96 or 202 shipped . for 3rd 92 or 291 shipped

·
Registered
522 Posts
update on the ebay 520 conversions... works great! Love it! only thing is, i got my bike back from dealer today and my speedo was reading 0. i called them and took it back and they fixed it. they asked me if i did a wheelie when i got it back... NO... he took it apart and my conclusion is that the tech that test rode it played on it and broke the metal ring that senses speed. it was in 5 pieces. they fixed for free, but gave me a hard time. :lol: really i didnt do a wheelie! it was only an $11 part. probably $65 labor if i had to pay.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
rkrummel01 said:
count me in, u 2 ski? 92 bucks ain't too bad.
I would be if I could afford it, I'm just damn broke right now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts