Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking at a 1998 gsxr - 750, with custom exhaust, sliders, and some other extras. Bike has 22k miles, is in pretty much mint condition. I'm tempted to just give him what he's asking since this is one of the only 750's around, kellybb says 4800 is high retail, and he's asking 4900.

So what do u think?

-Jason

·
Registered
25 Posts
4900 is a little high u can find post-srad sixers for 5 gs all day, im sure u could come by a nice 00 or 01 750 for low to mid 5s..
But for that bike i would say no more than 4500 unless its like show condition, but it sounds like only basic mods ( which dont necessary add value to a bike)
not to mention.... NEVER PAY BLUE BOOK.... for anything for that matter..
just a thought

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I just found two 750's, very low miles both of them 02's and they were only asking 5500.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
I paid 4500 for my 00 750 and it was in damn near show room quality with a power commander and carbon fiber goodies!

Very well maintained dealer serviced (ridden by a man nearly 60 for fun only)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the advice, although I can't say that I actually followed any of it. Oh well, I simply love this bike, love at first sight. I can't help but drive it, constantly. The power band is very tame at low rpm, and it just goes nuts as you floor it (which I haven't ever felt the need to do).

Taking it in on monday to get a new rear tire, valvue adjustment, tensionor replaced, new chain/sproket, spark plugs/wires.

Did I mention I love this bike?

-Jason

·
Registered
2 Posts
psyclobe said:
I'm looking at a 1998 gsxr - 750, with custom exhaust, sliders, and some other extras. Bike has 22k miles, is in pretty much mint condition. I'm tempted to just give him what he's asking since this is one of the only 750's around, kellybb says 4800 is high retail, and he's asking 4900.

So what do u think?

-Jason
dude i know someone who is selling a 750 1999 mod after market can low miles for 2,000 if you interested [email protected]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.