Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
I meant riding on the back with someone
Well, I'm down to 260 lbs these days (from a high of 290 back in January) and my wife and I both weigh more than we did when we got married in 2006. She hasn't ridden on the back at a track day in a few years now, but we still ride two-up on the street from time to time. The bikes don't care. Are they slightly slower than when I ride by myself at the track? Sure, but I already take it much easier on the street, and when I add a passenger that I care about, I back off even more; because I don't actually want to kill my wife.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
What if you're right at or under 200
Go ride your motorbike.
Well, I'm down to 260 lbs these days (from a high of 290 back in January) and my wife and I both weigh more than we did when we got married in 2006. She hasn't ridden on the back at a track day in a few years now, but we still ride two-up on the street from time to time. The bikes don't care. Are they slightly slower than when I ride by myself at the track? Sure, but I already take it much easier on the street, and when I add a passenger that I care about, I back off even more; because I don't actually want to kill my wife.

10 year anniversary thread?

·
Registered
326 Posts
When the subframe hits the rear tire you have probably reached the limit.

I have seen 400lb dudes on them which includes having someone on the back, that said I have also seen the license plates bent up under the subframe from the rear wheel grabbing it and bending it forward lol.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
I meant riding on the back with someone
I recall reading in my manual that the weight-limit for the rear shock is 250 pounds. That's on a 2018 GSX-R750 (factory shock not aftermarket)

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
10 year anniversary thread?
Just goes to show there really is life after death :ROFLMAO:

I tend to look over new members responding to old posts because it's so easy to do until you get used to paying attention to the dates that threads were originally posted or replied to.

Reactions: Spyder13
21 - 31 of 31 Posts