Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright i finally got another bike after my last one being stolen in dec. im worried about this one now. is there any type of locks and chains that cant be cut or smashed open? and do the u-bolt style things u put in the ground really work? and whats the best alarm to buy? let me know guys/gals thanks josh

·
Registered
522 Posts
I would like to buy this alarm for my bike. Truth be told, if someone wants your bike, they will get your bike but at least make them work for it!

http://www.rockheadbikes.com/Gorilla_2_Way_Paging_System_Cycle_Alarm_p/590003.htm

Gorilla 2-Way Paging System Cycle Alarm

Gorilla's 2-Way Paging System is state-of-the-art in motorcycle security. Not only does the alarm incorporate virtually every security feature to prevent theft of your motorcycles, but with the 2-Way pager you can monitor your cycle's security from up to 1/2 mile away. Each function and feature is clearly displayed on the pager's L.E.D. screen. The 2-way pager system is designed for the ultimate in security and peace of mind.

Features

* Built-in 2-way pager
* Powerful 120dB Piezo 5-tone siren
* 2-stage shock sensor
* Motion tilt sensor
* Current Sensor
* L.E.D. warning light
* Simple installation takes less than 30 minutes
* Compact size fits virtually any motorcycle
* Accepts up to 3 transmitters
* Pager displays alarm functions from up to 1/2 mile away
* All alarm features are displayed on the pager's L.E.D. screen: current sensor, tilt sensor, shock sensor, clock, warn-away mode, screen lamp, range indicator, power-save button, lock and pager vibration mode
* Multiple pager capability up to 3 pager

·
Registered
326 Posts
alright i finally got another bike after my last one being stolen in dec. im worried about this one now. is there any type of locks and chains that cant be cut or smashed open? and do the u-bolt style things u put in the ground really work? and whats the best alarm to buy? let me know guys/gals thanks josh
Put it in a garage......Your house.....Or get a pack of viscous trolls

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Is anyone running one of these? I'd like to know how easy it is to configure the alarm notification method. I keep mine locked up in a shop in my appartment complex. Well within the 1/2mi range. So normally I'd like to just have a very quiet or silent alarm go off on the bike. I'd keep the pager on hand and give the would-be theif a surprise. But mainly any false alarms would make me a very unpopular tennant. However when I'm out and about in public parking areas I'd like it to sound off full blast if anyone messes with it. I'd like to be able to switch between these two modes easily. Anyone?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Is anyone running one of these? I'd like to know how easy it is to configure the alarm notification method. I keep mine locked up in a shop in my appartment complex. Well within the 1/2mi range. So normally I'd like to just have a very quiet or silent alarm go off on the bike. I'd keep the pager on hand and give the would-be theif a surprise. But mainly any false alarms would make me a very unpopular tennant. However when I'm out and about in public parking areas I'd like it to sound off full blast if anyone messes with it. I'd like to be able to switch between these two modes easily. Anyone?
http://www.talonalarms.com/options/index.php

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Prox sensor would be nice to keep an eye on anyone messing with my baggage. But I went through Talon's entire forum and can't find any info about changing alarm modes. I'd hate to have to fork out the cash for a Scorpio just for this one feature but I may have to. I suppose I could wire up a hideaway micro switch somewhere to kill the power to the siren.:headscrat

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Put it in a garage......Your house.....Or get a pack of viscous trolls
well they stole my last one out of my garage. so thats not gonnna work lol. and im trying to talk my dad into letting me put it in the house but i dont think hes going for it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Has you considered lojack? I myself am dealing with the same thing as all of you. I hear all these stories about bikes being stolen and dont want to be the one telling that story too. I know its like $900 for it but at least they can track it and find it. just my 2cents, think ima do dat cuz atleast i know it would be found. not to mention with more of a chance of catching the person who did it instead getting a call from pd telling ya they found your "bike" (which will probably just be the frame if your lucky) in some alley days/weeks/months later.

·
Registered
326 Posts
it also got a anti-hijack device so the theif can't start the bike.
Yeah but its only good for a certain millage I believe,I thought it also it had the alarm on it. But type in Motorcycle alarms in google, read the reviews for them, and weigh out your options. I know that its probably not what you wanted to here but your not getting any real good feedback on here. Or if you dont want to do the research and just go off of hearsay you can always try another forum.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Has you considered lojack? I myself am dealing with the same thing as all of you. I hear all these stories about bikes being stolen and dont want to be the one telling that story too. I know its like $900 for it but at least they can track it and find it. just my 2cents, think ima do dat cuz atleast i know it would be found. not to mention with more of a chance of catching the person who did it instead getting a call from pd telling ya they found your "bike" (which will probably just be the frame if your lucky) in some alley days/weeks/months later.

ya i havent checked into it but it sounds like a good thing to do. plus i can already tell the story cause the scum bags got my last one and its been between4-5 months and nothing has been found

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah but its only good for a certain millage I believe,I thought it also it had the alarm on it. But type in Motorcycle alarms in google, read the reviews for them, and weigh out your options. I know that its probably not what you wanted to here but your not getting any real good feedback on here. Or if you dont want to do the research and just go off of hearsay you can always try another forum.
ya how many of you have alarms and which ones and how do u like them is there any cons about them?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Here is what I have. If you have the cash I believe this is a great solution.

1)
A SR-i900. It's awesome and works great.
You read all about it here: http://www.scorpioalarms.com/products/motorcycle/sr-i900/

2)
I had LoJack installed, and it is not limited by miles. But it is not available everywhere you would have to check. They can find your bike even if it's inside a warehouse, building, Concrete, etc... It gives me a better piece of mind.

3) I have my bike in my garage and I still but the lock the neck, wheel lock, chain it up, and and if you can put your car right up to the garage door.

All this however is not going to matter if you are not careful when you park it, when not at home. Out in the street. Always try to have your bike in sight and always make sure that your scorpio alarm is within distance.

Good luck.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here is what I have. If you have the cash I believe this is a great solution.

1)
A SR-i900. It's awesome and works great.
You read all about it here: http://www.scorpioalarms.com/products/motorcycle/sr-i900/

2)
I had LoJack installed, and it is not limited by miles. But it is not available everywhere you would have to check. They can find your bike even if it's inside a warehouse, building, Concrete, etc... It gives me a better piece of mind.

3) I have my bike in my garage and I still but the lock the neck, wheel lock, chain it up, and and if you can put your car right up to the garage door.

All this however is not going to matter if you are not careful when you park it, when not at home. Out in the street. Always try to have your bike in sight and always make sure that your scorpio alarm is within distance.

Good luck.
thanks about how much did everything run u?

·
Registered
204 Posts
The SR-i900 runs from about $350 - $400 plus installation.
The LoJack is $900 plus installation and they come to your house.

For me total was:
$450 for the alarm with installation
and $1100 for the LoJack.

Total Cost:
$1550

Bike Value $8500 I say it's well worth it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lojack also offers reimbursement services if your bike cannot be located. visit their website but they have packages that will reimburse you 5k in addition to your insurance money. more than enough to replace most street bikes (non-modified)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.