Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
will if you change your sprockets for more accelaration off the line, you will lose a little bit off of your top speed. but i like the vortex sprockets...... go 1 down in front that will be very noticable,. but not enough to take away alot from top speed. my.02

·
Registered
104 Posts
NO TOp Speed....

There is no magic recipee, just keep in mind 14/42 = 16/48
do your math....and do some experiments until you find your best...

I don´t care about top speed, actually I'm 14/48 = 3.42
pretty good in the twisties, but 15/48 = 3.20 suits me better.

Ride safe.......... :thumbup:

·
Registered
543 Posts
i went -1 front(JT sprocket) and +1rear(Vortex sprocket) you'll never notice the top end b/c your usually not doing above 160mph....atleast i never do, but the bike comes off the line like a bat outta hell.

·
Registered
526 Posts
hey GixxerG what is the equation to figure final gearing ratio. I have seen this in a magazine but have either lost it or given it away. thanx if u know it. I figured u would since ur post gave final ratios!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Final Ratio.......

Driven Sproket / Drive Sproket = Final Ratio : 1
(Rear Sproket) / (Front Sproket) = number or rear sproket rotations against 1 rotation in the front.....

By example 48 rear / 16 front = 3 turns in the rear : 1 turn in the front

Note: this is a simple math, not counting if you change your Internal Gears ratios and/or final reduction in the gear box...
remember if U change your rear tyre, circumference changes by brand, again you have to do your maths again.

Ride Safe....... :thumbup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
To VSP..........

First Question... NO ... change it for a 14 or 15 sproket and U will be fine
stock GSXR 600 is 45/16 = 2.81:1 45/15 = 3:1 45/14 = 3.21:1

Second Question... More than enough... je je je

Ride Safe........... :thumbup:

·
Registered
543 Posts
VspRiderz said:
aight, so if i change my front sprocket do i still need to change my rear? :hmmm:

no, only if you wan't more wheelie help or low gear speed. stock is 16/45 you could go 14,15/45 my setup on my 600 is 15/46...u just gotta figure out what kinda riding you'll be doing, i know this is pretty much the same as the post above, just trying to add a little xtra help. :thumbup: and for some reason the H.P. question, i keep seeing the # 164h.p. but i could be wrong, i remember reading b4 the forums got erased.

·
Registered
543 Posts
VspRiderz said:
aight guys one more question, every time i switch gears to 2nd and third it's kinda loud, is that normal or is there somethin wrong with my bike? help!!!!! :bowdown:
it's normal, don't sweat it, it's extremely normal at odd speeds. it tends to get a little bit lower as your bike breaks in, but you'll always be able to hear it.

·
Registered
526 Posts
yea its the norm12,000 miles later and it still doesnt seem like a good sound. :lol: if u r needing an oilchange it will get louder and will get stiffer and harder to get it to go into gear. that all depends on what oil u use and how u use ur bike.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.