Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 03 gsxr 600 and i was wondering if anybody could tell me which sprockets would give me good acceleration and at the same time not lose my top speed.thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
will if you change your sprockets for more accelaration off the line, you will lose a little bit off of your top speed. but i like the vortex sprockets...... go 1 down in front that will be very noticable,. but not enough to take away alot from top speed. my.02

·
Registered
600 Posts
drop a tooth or two in the front that way you wont have to buy a new chain (if its in good condition)

i dropped two on my 600 and shes good to go..top out is 155-160 on the speedo

·
Registered
104 Posts
NO TOp Speed....

There is no magic recipee, just keep in mind 14/42 = 16/48
do your math....and do some experiments until you find your best...

I don´t care about top speed, actually I'm 14/48 = 3.42
pretty good in the twisties, but 15/48 = 3.20 suits me better.

Ride safe.......... :thumbup:

·
Registered
543 Posts
i went -1 front(JT sprocket) and +1rear(Vortex sprocket) you'll never notice the top end b/c your usually not doing above 160mph....atleast i never do, but the bike comes off the line like a bat outta hell.

·
Registered
522 Posts
hey GixxerG what is the equation to figure final gearing ratio. I have seen this in a magazine but have either lost it or given it away. thanx if u know it. I figured u would since ur post gave final ratios!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Final Ratio.......

Driven Sproket / Drive Sproket = Final Ratio : 1
(Rear Sproket) / (Front Sproket) = number or rear sproket rotations against 1 rotation in the front.....

By example 48 rear / 16 front = 3 turns in the rear : 1 turn in the front

Note: this is a simple math, not counting if you change your Internal Gears ratios and/or final reduction in the gear box...
remember if U change your rear tyre, circumference changes by brand, again you have to do your maths again.

Ride Safe....... :thumbup:

·
Registered
543 Posts
and if ya still gettin confused peep this site www.jtsprockets.com and pick your bike yada yada yada and it will show a chart of F.G.ratios for your bike w/ diff. sprocket combos. Just thought i'd throw that up there. :thumbup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
To VSP..........

First Question... NO ... change it for a 14 or 15 sproket and U will be fine
stock GSXR 600 is 45/16 = 2.81:1 45/15 = 3:1 45/14 = 3.21:1

Second Question... More than enough... je je je

Ride Safe........... :thumbup:

·
Registered
543 Posts
VspRiderz said:
aight, so if i change my front sprocket do i still need to change my rear? :hmmm:

no, only if you wan't more wheelie help or low gear speed. stock is 16/45 you could go 14,15/45 my setup on my 600 is 15/46...u just gotta figure out what kinda riding you'll be doing, i know this is pretty much the same as the post above, just trying to add a little xtra help. :thumbup: and for some reason the H.P. question, i keep seeing the # 164h.p. but i could be wrong, i remember reading b4 the forums got erased.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
aight guys one more question, every time i switch gears to 2nd and third it's kinda loud, is that normal or is there somethin wrong with my bike? help!!!!! :bowdown:

·
Registered
543 Posts
VspRiderz said:
aight guys one more question, every time i switch gears to 2nd and third it's kinda loud, is that normal or is there somethin wrong with my bike? help!!!!! :bowdown:
it's normal, don't sweat it, it's extremely normal at odd speeds. it tends to get a little bit lower as your bike breaks in, but you'll always be able to hear it.

·
Registered
522 Posts
yea its the norm12,000 miles later and it still doesnt seem like a good sound. :lol: if u r needing an oilchange it will get louder and will get stiffer and harder to get it to go into gear. that all depends on what oil u use and how u use ur bike.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Goto the RK Chain website they will give you the best ratio for your application. I did a 520 Race Conversion on mine 15/43 with Vortex sprockets, Regina gold x-ring chain. It works a hell of alot better.

·
Registered
488 Posts
VspRiderz said:
oh yeah, does anybody know how many pony's the 04 gixxer packin?
not sure how much the 600 has but its def not 165. my 04 1000 with yoshi rs3 ti is 155whp.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts