Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 1997 gsxr 750 and im wondering if it matters what kind of gas i put in it octain wise like 87 or 91 octain. thanks

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
Damn I miss 91 octane......

I'm pretty sure with bikes your supose to put the highest available

·
Registered
104 Posts
Avgas

put some 1 gal avgas mixed with 4 oz klotz octane boost (add 1 Tea Spoon 2T oil or Castor Oil - this stuff smell verrrryyyy gooodd like your engine is friing chicken ja ja ja) and everytime you pull your trottle you will remember me.....

Ride Safe............ :hammer:

PD. just remember to empty your tank (to keep your seals Ok ) and then pour a galon of Pump gas, and keep your bike running for a while to clean the whole system from that stuff.

·
Registered
543 Posts
they got this place right up the street from my house where anyone can pull up and pump some 110 octane, i've never tried this but it is oh so tempting.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Uh............

I said AVGAS - gasoline for small aircrafts (Aprox 100 - 110 octanes)
- NO JET FUEL Ok -

Ride Safe.......... :hammer:

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
they have avgas at the pump in lake havasu...

i think i have some pictures of the gas station

·
Registered
164 Posts
rkrummel01 said:
yup 110 octane, small aircraft fuel. :thumbup: :infrandom
I'd be getting some of that action!! How much does that run?? $100/gal. :laughingr

·
Registered
104 Posts
Taco Bell.......

HHHMMMMMMMMMM........... :hmmm:

probably higher octane rate............ :laughingr

Ride Safe.................. :hammer:

PD. U should try some real mexican tacos.... they are goooooddddd man.

And octane rate sky high......... :laughingr

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
If the avgas you are running is not oxygenated, then you are wasting your money. Octane is purely a fuels ability to supress detonation. Aircraft run higher compression and therefore need higher octane.

This is WAY different from "Race Fuel" which is leaded and oxygenated and produces more power, without engine modification.

Botom line, if your bike is not tuned for high octane, then you are wasting your money. Go buy some Nutec or VP race fuel, and thankme later :cool:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I know.....

Hi MotoJoe :bowdown:, yeah yeah. I know octane, Oxigen, etc,,etc,, etc,,
but this brew recipee is like something u can not explain (like brewing your own beer, you don´t know why but it tastes better ja ja ja),
but the bike runs smoother (in our track full 1 second faster than Racing fuels Klotz, Vp etc.. etc.. etc..) probably fuel density or I don´t know why.

Uh... one more thing we are almost at sea level so one thing we do not need is more oxigen I think.

Ride SAfe......... :thumbup:

·
Registered
103 Posts
You can pull up and buy any kind of Aviation Gas, at any airstrip that is not a very commercialized one. that stuff usually runs about 3-4 dollars a gallon and the stuff i use to get ran 105 octane but DO NOT use this all the time if you don't dilute it with regular gas, to drop it to about 100, do the math in ratios.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts