Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend (well not really a friend just a guy i work with) just took the classes and he was wondering could he start off on a older 600ss bike. He doesnt have experience (only is when he was in the classes) so is it okay. i told him to get either a 500r, gs500, or katana. but he says that he'll be careful and doesnt care for speed just having fun on a bike.

·
Registered
532 Posts
my recommendation has always been, start on what you wanna ride. If your friend want to ride sport bikes, that's where I would start. Nothing at all wrong with starting on a GSXR600, a GS500 wont keep you any safer in the end.... :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
It doesn't have to do with being any safer on the bike, its that fact that you will gain more skill learning on a smaller like that. I would suggest a GS500 or an SV650 as a starter bike, he'll be happier in the long run when he can ride a smaller bike and keep up with the big bikes. And it makes it that much harder to get you in some stupid situations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.