Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to purchase a Yoshimura R-55 slip-on for my K8 600. I've got a couple of questions:

- Can anyone advise me if the installation is something I can do myself, or if I should take it to my dealer to be installed?

- Do I need a PCIII or other fuel management system?

Chris

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I just installed a R-55 slip-on on my k6 750. If you are mechanically inclined at all you can handle this project. It is very simple if you just follow the directions. I decided to go without the pc3 because I'm only riding street. If it was a full system then I would say go with the power commander. PM me if you have any questions with the installation :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
+1

If you can find your gas cap and fill up the tank a slip on you will find very simple.:lol:

And yes if its a slip on save the money and dont buy the PCIII

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
It's even easier on a K8 because it only replaces the muffler. It'll take you under an hour
I feel like I got lucky because I think it looks like sh*tttt without that oval midpipe to help clean it up

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I just installed a R-55 slip-on on my k6 750. If you are mechanically inclined at all you can handle this project. It is very simple if you just follow the directions. I decided to go without the pc3 because I'm only riding street. If it was a full system then I would say go with the power commander. PM me if you have any questions with the installation :thumbup:

hey man, how long have you had your bike w that exhaust? ive been thinking about doing that but i was worried about not running a pcIII with it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Don't worry about running a slip-on without a pc3. A slip-on is mainly for sound and looks. But you should definitely get the r-55. I love mine and it took me no time to install. It sounds and looks great.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
hey man, how long have you had your bike w that exhaust? ive been thinking about doing that but i was worried about not running a pcIII with it.
I just installed it recently. But still I haven't had a problem with the bike acting up in any way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.