Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Illis quos amo deserviam
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I take no credit for this tutorial but I noticed a lot of people asking from the search so I did some research and found this tutorial for the R6 and another for the R1 So I decided to make a super thread of Both.

This info is from KGIXXER7 from gixxernation.com

The R6 throttle will give you a 1/6th throttle...what I used ...part # 2C0-26240-00-00
-you will have to modify (dremel) your throttle housing to fit the larger cam of the R6 throttle tube. Not alot, but you will have to test it a few times to make sure there is no binding

The R1 throttle will give you a 1/5th throttle...part # 4YR-26240-02-00
-no modding(dremel) will need to be done to your throttle housing with this throttle due to the cam not being as large(but still larger than the stock GSXR) just take old tube off, replace new one and go.

Info and Credit For This Part Of Tutorial goes to Jayonhavok from gixxernation.com

Original Link http://www.gixxernation.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-7198.html

Enjoy everyone​

This is one of the easiest and cheapest mods you can for your GSXR. I spent around $13 for the throttle tube from FunBikeCenter here in San Diego...

Thanks to Rob and Jami for the info!:thumbup

What you will need:

-Philips Screwdriver

-2004 R1 Throttle Tube Part# 4YR-26240-02-00

1: Adjust locknut towards the throttle to allow for slack...

2: Remove screw 1 of 3...

3: Remove screw 2 of 3...

4: Remove screw 3 of 3...now you can open the kill switch housing.

5: Remove Bar End...

6: Use slack to remove throttle cables from OEM throttle tube, and slide the OEM throttle tube off.

7: Install R1 throttle tube into the kill switch housing and insert cables into their respective slots...

8: Reassemble kill switch housing with steps 2-4, but in reverse, and re-insert the bar end. Then readjust throttle cable locknut from step 1.

When you're all done, it should look something like this...

Enjoy! :cheers :lol

·
Illis quos amo deserviam
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
R6 Dremmel Modding​

Pictures from KGIXXER7 from gixxernation.com

*********** FOR R6 MOD ONLY *************

·
Illis quos amo deserviam
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you all think of this tutorial and or any advice to make it better? I want to get this Sticky worthy so help and advice is appreciated

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks good to me. Ima try this on the new to me k6 I'm about to buy. This should put me right back at home, since my previous bike was an r1.

·
Registered
425 Posts
If you use the R6 on the 2006+ 750, the cables will be just slightly too short. If you have that combo, and turn the bars fully to one side, the throttle doesn't snap back quite right. I solved this by grinding off the adjuster lock nuts on the injector side of the cable to make them thinner.

Some people have just left it, but I feel that it is important to have the throttle return properly.

Using the R1 throttle tube, you will not have this problem.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
If you use the R6 on the 2006+ 750, the cables will be just slightly too short. If you have that combo, and turn the bars fully to one side, the throttle doesn't snap back quite right. I solved this by grinding off the adjuster lock nuts on the injector side of the cable to make them thinner.

Some people have just left it, but I feel that it is important to have the throttle return properly.

Using the R1 throttle tube, you will not have this problem.
good note :thumbup:I flipped and switched my clip ons so I did not need to do this for my k6 750

·
Illis quos amo deserviam
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I feel this is Sticky Worthy!!! :thumbup:

·
Illis quos amo deserviam
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The R1 tube is a slight difference the R6 is a noticeable difference

·
Illis quos amo deserviam
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TTT :thumbup:

·
BaDAZ
518 Posts
Nice write-up, probably going to do this when i get back!

·
Live Fast Die FUN
14,135 Posts
I did the r6 tube last year, or maybe 2 years ago. One of my favorite mods and yet I forget about it all the time, which actually makes it better in my eyes.

I did not have to dremel anything btw.

·
Illis quos amo deserviam
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Moderator... I dub this Stickyness worthy!! I approve and have approval of my fellow GSXR family :thumbup:

·
Illis quos amo deserviam
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ttt

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't know I just did the r1 mod on my 01 600 and I noticed a big differamnce in trottle response. And the only thing I see is the thing is smaller over the stock one so the handle bar is a bit longer. The the tube picture will be up after I get off work

1 - 20 of 20 Posts