Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This more of a fyi. My Geico motorcycle declarATION STATES RACING/STUNTING and riding on a track voids my policy. It DOES NOT say if damage occurs while stunting/racing or riding on a track won't be covered it says my insurance is voided in these cases. It may apply to other insurance companies as well.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Well that's not surprising, most insurance companies don't cover racing vehicles either. The insurance big wigs see trackdays and racing as the same thing. Even though technically they aren't, the outcome of a crash in either situation is the same. The vehicle is damaged/totalled and they have to pay. Considering thegrowth in popularity of trackdays, that's a lot of money they can lose.

I don't know of anyone with track bikes/race bike that insures them. So that's not too big of an issue. For the guys that do bring their street bikes and crash at a trackday... It may be prudent to not mention the word track if you're going to file a claim.

State Farm usedto cover trackdays but stopped doing so the middle of 2008.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The instructor for my msf class who also races and is an instructor for the track days @ mid-Ohio told me that if you not being timed then insurance will cover but I sure that depends on your specific insurance company

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
in most cases if not all of them yes it is voiding your contract with them and they have the right to refuse to pay for damages but it comes down to the individual insurance company and the claims adjuster.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
:shhh: What they dont know wont hurt... too badly that is. You can pull off the claim but keep an eye on your rates.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,476 Posts
years ago most insurance didn't mind if the trackday was not a timed/sanctioned event or if it was an actual track/riding school with a structured program. I'm curious to how riders that destroy or heavily damage their street bikes at the track file their claims without a formal accident report. I mean, it's obvious the bike didn't fall over in your driveway so you can't just say that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.