Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, does anybody know where I can purchase a NEW pattern part radiator for a 1997 750 SRAD, seen plenty of rads for 2000/2001, and second hand ones from Melted Sliders, but they are no better than the one that I have. A member (Daedalus64) has already suggested that a recored one might be the way to go, but I cant fathom out how to reply to him to thank him, still struggling to navigate around the site tbh, there is nothing physically wrong with my rad , no leaks etc, its just looking scruffy and old and a lot of the cooling fins are clogged up or bent with flying stones etc, have tried straightening them with a toothpick, but very mind numbing, so put it on hold, thanks in advance.

· Administrator
12,444 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Have you searched for "radiator fin straightener"? Sometimes called a radiator fin comb?

· Registered
107 Posts
I've had a look at my usual suppliers but none of them manufactures/supplies an aftermarket radiator for the SRAD. They seem to be made of unobtanium. There are a few second hand ones on eBay at the moment though so it may be worth picking up a cheap spare and having it refurbished. There's a place I use for radiator refurb in Brierley Hill, GAT Radiators. Proper old school place. Worth it's weight in gold when you can't get replacements.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had a look at my usual suppliers but none of them manufactures/supplies an aftermarket radiator for the SRAD. They seem to be made of unobtanium. There are a few second hand ones on eBay at the moment though so it may be worth picking up a cheap spare and having it refurbished. There's a place I use for radiator refurb in Brierley Hill, GAT Radiators. Proper old school place. Worth it's weight in gold when you can't get replacements.
Thanks for your help, I will make a note of Gat radiators, I've also just found a company based in Manchester called B and J Radiators, maybe they may be able to make me one or recore mine, I've just ordered a radiator fin comb from ebay, so may just persevere with straightening the fins for the time being,

· Registered
75 Posts
Hello everyone, does anybody know where I can purchase a NEW pattern part radiator for a 1997 750 SRAD, seen plenty of rads for 2000/2001, and second hand ones from Melted Sliders, but they are no better than the one that I have. A member (Daedalus64) has already suggested that a recored one might be the way to go, but I cant fathom out how to reply to him to thank him, still struggling to navigate around the site tbh, there is nothing physically wrong with my rad , no leaks etc, its just looking scruffy and old and a lot of the cooling fins are clogged up or bent with flying stones etc, have tried straightening them with a toothpick, but very mind numbing, so put it on hold, thanks in advance.
Glad to offer some help mate :) we're all here to support each other.

If there is nothing wrong with your radiator then recoring it will just be an expensive waste of time, as it is done if you have a leak. My dad had a big American Dodge day van and his radiator leaked, getting a replacement in the UK was difficult and importing one was extortionate, so he had it recored by a company called Kempston Radiators I believe - I'm not sure where you're based? Second to that the comb will help you straighten the fins, albeit laborious, or at least speaking to a couple of the companies above will be able to point you in the right direction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts