Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have done some reading and dont think i get it quite yet.
My question is...
Can I raise the rear and lower the bike as well? or do i have to do one or the other? What are the characteristics of doing each method?

·
Registered
244 Posts
You can get adjustable Bog Bones to Raise and lower the rear, you can also Strap the Front if you want to Raise or lower the Front. Both are relatively easy to do in a few mins.

Here are a example of the Bog Bone's:
http://www.schnitzracingstore.com/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=3542546&showprevnext=1

Here is the Strap:
http://www.schnitzracingstore.com/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=3542555&showprevnext=1

I beleive you can find the Bog Bones ( Lowering Links) cheaper but the strap is about as good as it gets.

BTW why are you inquiring about this mod to your bike? What type of riding do you plan on doing?

·
Premium Member
9,267 Posts
I think he's asking if he can can lower the bike, but have the rear higher than the front. The answer is yes. Some racers raise the rear slightly higher than the front to increase turn-in, which effectively decreases the rake angle. The penalty you pay is a less stable front suspension so you should be running a good, functioning steering damper.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for quick replies. To answer a few questions, what i am looking to do is lower the whole bike and then raise the tail of the bike to get some of my turn in back. also, im not that tall so, i want to be a little more comfortable.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
thanks for quick replies. To answer a few questions, what i am looking to do is lower the whole bike and then raise the tail of the bike to get some of my turn in back. also, im not that tall so, i want to be a little more comfortable.
Then yes you can, I have the Roaring Toyz links with 4 holes for adjustment. or the link from before the fully adjustable links would work too I guesse.

·
Registered
463 Posts
heres my 2 cents on the deal...

lowering the front is really easy.. loosen the pinch bolts on the forks and you can go from 1/2" lower all the way to about 2, maybe 2 1/2 and not bottom out..so do what you want on the front and you dont have to spend money..

the rear is relatively easy too, i bought the turnbuckle style lowering links from soupy's that allow you to go from only -1 all the way to -4 in the rear...only cost about 80 bucks and you have alot of room to play with..

i would say the adj. links would be your best bet, bc then you have room to adj the rear to your height, and you can slam the front without dumping money into it..play around with the different heights and you can find yourself a combination of the two that give you the comfort that you want, also with getting relatively the performance that your looking for

·
Registered
244 Posts

lowering the front is really easy.. loosen the pinch bolts on the forks and you can go from 1/2" lower all the way to about 2, maybe 2 1/2 and not bottom out..so do what you want on the front and you dont have to spend money..

Just wanted to add that if his forks taper you will have to either mod your Clip On's or fill the gap that will be there. I used Chevy Small Block Throw Out Bearings.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Just wanted to add that if his forks taper you will have to either mod your Clip On's or fill the gap that will be there. I used Chevy Small Block Throw Out Bearings.
hi i have a 2008 gsx-r600 im trying to lower the front end down went down 2" in the back and im trying to go 2" in the front would you be able to send me some pics of the front and how you lowered your front. before strapping it. thanks [email protected]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.